Intensive Services Support Worker (East Renfrewshire)
- Location: Working locations include: Bearsden, Newton Mearns and Busby
- Job Role: Intensive Services Support Worker
- Service: Aspire Central Service
- Hours: Full time day shift, long days and nightshift
- Salary Scale: £9.90 - £10.90 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: A full UK driving licence with access to a car is preferred for easy travel to working location
Full time vacancies available within the East Renfrewshire area, particularly Bearsden, Newton Mearns and Busby. The salary range is dependent on service and shift pattern that includes day shift, long days and nightshift.
Aspire provides a variety of specialist services. These include but are not limited to the Intensive home support services where we provide high quality support to people ventilated in their own homes and those with long term conditions.
The Intensive Service Support Worker will at all times focus on the individual to achieve the things that matter to them, working effectively with internal teams and external people, such as families to achieve this. This means helping people to make choices and decisions through exploring and accessing opportunities that help them develop a lifestyle that is meaningful and rewarding whilst achieving their personal outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist people with clinical and health care needs; monitoring their mental and physical health as per care plans, ensuring the recording of all necessary charts;
- Assist with personal care;
- Work to deliver and follow outcome based support plans with the people we support;
- Meet the explicit range of competencies as set out by Health Partners; ECHP and relevant other partners; and
- Undertake specialist training, as agreed, to be suitably skilled.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- Ability to develop positive working relationships, with excellent communication skills and active listening skills;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ;
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered;
- Proficient computer skills; and
- Previous experience within a similar role is advantageous.
- A full UK driving licence is advantageous.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme.
- If you would like a rewarding career within a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 today.
If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.