- Location: Across Central Scotland, including North Lanarkshire, East Renfrewshire and West Lothian
- Hours: Flexible day, evening and night hours available
- Salary Scale: £8.45 per hour.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Travel within the community is an expectation of the role. A full UK driving licence with access to a car is desirable.
Aspire is an award winning organisation that has a committed staff team who use their talents to help create better futures for the people we help.
Are you committed, compassionate and caring, with a desire to make a difference in people’s lives?
We are looking to recruit Support Workers who share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives and to be treated with dignity and respect. Our roles are suitable for hardworking, flexible and motivated individuals who are driven to do the right thing by the people we support.
Our Support Workers, who we call Personalisation Developers, work with and focus on individuals we support across Central Scotland, to assist them in achieving the things that matter to them, working effectively with teams and people such as families and social work.
This means helping people to make choices and decisions through exploring and accessing opportunities that help them develop a lifestyle that is meaningful and rewarding whilst meeting their needs and reaching their aspirations and their outcomes.
If you have the necessary values, commitment and skills as well as the right attitude and a balanced common-sense approach to life, we can offer you a rewarding career with Learning & Development Opportunities, Support & Leadership, Employee Benefits, Contributory Pension Scheme and the job satisfaction of a rewarding role within an award winning organisation.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop;
- Experience of or a willingness to carry out personal care;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ;
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered; and
- A full UK driving licence with access to a car.
Please submit your CV to register your interest in this post and to find out more about the Support Worker vacancies we have available. An application pack will be returned to you with full details of the job description and person specification. Or give our recruitment team a call on 0141 548 1552 to discuss the role and working locations.
Aspire is an equal opportunities employer.