Support Worker - Aspire Central Services
- Location: South Lanarkshire and West Lothian
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire Central Services
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: Flexible day, evening and night hours available
- Salary Scale: starting from £8.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Travel within the community is an expectation of the role. A full UK driving licence with access to a car is required for current vacancies.
We are looking to recruit Support Workers who share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives and to be treated with dignity and respect. If this sounds like you, please apply. Full training is provided.
Our Support Workers, who we call Personalisation Developers, work with and focus on individuals we support across Central Scotland, to assist them in achieving the things that matter to them, working effectively with teams and people such as families and social work.
This means helping people to make choices and decisions through exploring and accessing opportunities that help them develop a lifestyle that is meaningful and rewarding whilst meeting their needs and reaching their aspirations and their outcomes.
Aspire is an award winning provider of Social Care. The Aspire Central Services provide support to individuals of all ages enabling people to be more in control of their lives. Services include Self Directed Support Services, Care at Home, Criminal Justice and Alcohol Related Brain Injury (ARBI) Services.
We have a variety of permanent contracts available across Central Scotland, but these particular services are delivered in South Lanarkshire and West Lothian areas. Salary is dependent on service and shift pattern that includes flexible day, evening and night hours.
We are looking for Support Workers, who are:
- Committed, compassionate and caring, with a desire to make a difference in people’s lives;
Hardworking and flexible; and
Motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support.
And who have:
- The necessary values and skills; and
- The right attitude and a balanced common-sense approach to life.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop;
- Experience of or a willingness to carry out personal care;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
- A rewarding career with Learning & Development Opportunities, Support & Leadership;
- A job satisfying role within an award winning organisation;
- Employee discount schemes;
- Employee Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme; and
- Working with an equal opportunities employer.
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post.
Please submit your CV to register your interest in this post. An application pack will be returned to you with full details of the job description and person specification.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.