Support Worker - Resettlement Service
- Location: Garscube Road, Glasgow
- Job Role: Support Worker - Resettlement Service
- Service: Resettlement
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week, shift pattern: various including sleepovers
- Salary Scale: £17,062.50 per annum + sleepover allowance (resettlement only)
- Contract Type: Permanent
Core Purpose of Role:
Empowering and equipping individuals experiencing addiction, mental health, relationship and financial issues to move on from homeless accommodation.
- To support and enable individuals to maintain their accommodation; develop budgeting skills, cook nutritional meals and managing their home.
- Signposting and sourcing appropriate services such as Health Care, Housing Associations, Case Workers, Addiction & Recovery Services.
- To carry out planned and structured support based on the needs of an individual and to carry out assessments and reviews of support needs as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals
- To carry out Risk Enablement Plans as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals.
- Working with individuals to achieve their desired Support & Development Goals through use of an Outcome Measurement Framework called Better Futures.
- To support individuals to improve their quality of life.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced homeless accommodation setting.
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop.
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification.
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
Employee Benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership.
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme.
If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 today. The closing date for applications is 21 January 2019.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.