Support Worker - Aspire West Service (Wishaw)
- Location: Wishaw
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Day shift and back shift
- Salary Scale: Starting from £8.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent (full time and part time)
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full UK driving license and access to their own car. Business use is essential.
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the Wishaw area some of whom have brain injuries, Multiple Sclerosis and visual impairments?
Do you want to work within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support?
Our Support Workers within Wishaw provide:
- Tenancy Support - upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Personal Care Assistance (Not in-depth PC only mobility assistance);
- Social supports – sourcing and assisting to attend activities that meet individual needs; and
- Emotional Support – working along side people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Applicants must hold a full UK driving license and access to their own car. Business use is essential.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme.
If you would like a rewarding career within a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now. Training is provided. Closing date for applications is 12 noon, 24th May 2019.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.