Support Worker (Female)- Aspire West Service (Glasgow)
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Support Worker (Female) - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West
- Hours: Day shift and back shift
- Salary Scale: Starting from £8.75 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent (part-time posts only)
- Criteria: Driver and non driver female applicants are welcome to submit their interest.
Due to the current nature of the service this post is open to female applicants only as being female is a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
The Glasgow Area service location is growing in size and is, currently commencing with one lady who has been diagnosed with MND (Motor Neurons Disease). As the disease appears to be fast progressing we are looking to provide a consistent and empathetic team.
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the Glasgow area some of whom will have brain injuries, Multiple Sclerosis and visual impairments?
Do you want to work within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support?
Our Support Workers within Glasgow provide:
- Personal Care Assistance
- Medication assistance– prompt , assist & administer;
- Tenancy Support - upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Meal preparation; and
- Emotional support – working along side people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Driver and non driver applicants are welcome to submit their interest.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme.
If you would like a rewarding career within a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now. Training is provided. Closing date for applications is 12 noon, 24th May 2019.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.