Female Only Support Worker (F/T or Sessional) - Aspire Central Service (Glasgow and East Renfrewshire) Ref: ATR026
- Location: Glasgow and East Renfrewshire
- Job Role: Female Only Support Worker (F/T or Sessional) - Aspire Central Service
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: Full time & Sessional available
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour + Excellent Benefits
- Contract Type: Permanent or Sessional
- Criteria: Must have a valid UK manual driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
Female Only Support Worker - Aspire Central Service
Aspire – providing care and support in the community!
Our Support Workers work with and focus on individuals we support across Central Scotland, to assist them in achieving the things that matter to them, working effectively with teams and people such as families and social work.
We have both Full-time and Sessional positions available!
If you want a rewarding career within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support we would be delighted to offer you an opportunity to join our team and make a real difference in people’s lives.
Do you share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives? Do you want to be part of supporting people to create better futures? Do you have a caring and thoughtful nature, and are compassionate, enthusiastic and are committed to supporting people in the community to achieve their personal aims and goals apply now!
Full time positions of 36 hours per week and Sessional positions are available. Support Workers within this service are required to work and travel in and around Glasgow or East Renfrewshire.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
Our Support Workers within the Service:
- Assist with personal care – varying degrees;
- Assist people with clinical and health care needs;
- Prompt, assist and administer medication;
- Provide tenancy support, including upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Provide physical and emotional wellbeing, including making and attending health and social care appointments and prepare meals; and
- Provide social support by attending and participating in social activities and clubs specific to the person
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
To apply please complete application forms part 1 and 2 today.