Services Coordinator - Aspire West Services
- Location: North Lanarkshire
- Job Role: Services Coordinator - Aspire West Services
- Service: Aspire West Services
- Hours: 37.5hrs pw
- Salary Scale: £21,500
- Contract Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Service Coordinator to work within our Aspire West Regions across North Lanarkshire.
The Service Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Promoting, developing & managing staff and services in designated local areas within the West Regions; and
- Ensuring that services truly reflect individual’s needs, are outcomes focussed and treat each person, their families and other carers with respect and dignity at all times.
The post holder will undertake a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Liaising with referral agents; promoting new referrals and processing referrals;
- Assessing individuals’ needs and aspirations/desired outcomes;
- Planning, co-ordinating and ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality support & care;
- Flexibly responding to individual needs and aspirations and assisting individuals to have the maximum opportunities to be in control of directing their care provided in order to live as fully, inclusively and independently as possible as valued citizens in the community, in accordance with their wishes; and
- Providing the leadership and a positive management approach that ensure that both staff for whom s/he is responsible & the services develop in a highly flexible, pro-active and responsive manner.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills in a similar role include but are not limited to:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and computer skills;
- Experience of and aptitude for staff scheduling and rota’s;
- Substantial experience of working with individuals in a health & social care setting;
- Sound knowledge and experience of the challenges and needs of vulnerable individuals and of risks assessment & risk management;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise;
- Experience of working in partnership with statutory agencies i.e. Social Work, Health;
- Excellent active listening skills and interpersonal skills;
- Substantial experience of coaching, supervising or managing staff within a health & social care community setting;
- Understanding of Care Inspectorate/SSSC Standards;
- Ability to use your personal skills to help the staff you support to develop; and
- A creative approach to problem solving and a good negotiator.
This post will be registered with the SSSC and the post holder should have an appropriate health and social care qualification at level 3 or equivalent professional qualification; in addition management credits 15 at SCQF level 7 are required or willingness to work towards this is essential.
SVQ Level 4 and appropriate management qualification for registration purposes is desirable.
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the designated geographical remit is an expectation of the post.
Employee benefits include:
Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust;
If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 and 2 today.
The closing date for this post is 17th January 2020.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.