Service Coordinator - Aspire Central Services - Ref:ATR043
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Service Coordinator - Aspire Central Services
- Service: Aspire Central Services
- Hours: 37.5 Monday - Friday per week + on call
- Salary Scale: £21,500 - £24,000 depending on experience & meeting KPIs
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Experience in Social Care. A current UK manual Driver’s Licence with access to own car.
Permanent Full-time - Monday to Friday with On Call. Salary ranging from £21,500 - £24,000 depending on experience and meeting KPIs + excellent benefits
Are you an experienced Service Coordinator looking for a new challenge? Would you like to join a team delivering expanding high-quality services within Glasgow?
Aspire Service Coordinators who will be responsible for promoting, developing & managing staff and services in designated local areas ensure services truly reflect individual’s needs, are outcomes focused and treat each person, their families and other carers with respect and dignity at all times.
Do you have the knowledge and skills to undertake a wide variety of tasks? Including:
- Liaising with referral agents; promoting new referrals and processing referrals
- Assessing individuals’ needs and aspirations/desired outcomes
- Planning, co-ordinating and ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality support & care
- Flexibly responding to individual needs and aspirations and assisting individuals to have the maximum opportunities to be in control of directing their care provided in order to live as fully, inclusively and independently as possible as valued citizens in the community, in accordance with their wishes and
- Providing the leadership and a positive management approach that ensure that both staff for whom s/he is responsible & the services develop in a highly flexible, pro-active, and responsive manner.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills in a similar role include:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and computer skills
- Experience of and aptitude for staff scheduling and rota’s
- Substantial experience of working with individuals in a health & social care setting
- Sound knowledge and experience of the challenges and needs of vulnerable individuals and of risks assessment & risk management
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise
- Experience of working in partnership with statutory agencies i.e., Social Work, Health
- Excellent active listening skills and interpersonal skills
- Substantial experience of coaching, supervising or managing staff within a health & social care community setting
- Understanding of Care Inspectorate/SSSC Standards
- Ability to use your personal skills to help the staff you support to develop and
- A creative approach to problem solving and a good negotiator.
As travel throughout the designated geographical remit is an expectation of the post the Coordinator needs to hold a current UK manual Driver’s Licence with access to their own car.
- This post will be registered with the SSSC, and the post holder should have an appropriate health and social care qualification at level 3 or equivalent professional qualification; in addition, management credits 15 at SCQF level 7 are required or willingness to work towards this is essential.
- SVQ Level 4 and appropriate management qualification for registration purposes is desirable.
We want to reward our staff with employee benefits including:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership.
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme
- As an Employee-Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
If you have the required skills, knowledge and experience ‘APPLY’ today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.