Female Only Support Worker - Aspire Central Service (Glasgow) Ref: ATR031/037
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Female Only Support Worker - Aspire Central Service (Glasgow)
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: Permanent Full-time hours available & Sessional hours
- Salary Scale: £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent & Sessional
- Criteria: Driving is an expectation of the post and staff need to hold a current UK manual Driver’s Licence and have access to own car.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Do you like working with and supporting people? Are you looking for a rewarding career in social care? We would love to hear from you.
Aspire is an employee owned, award winning social care provider, winning prestigious awards at the Scottish Care National Awards every year in the past decade. All our efforts are focused on helping the people we support have to the most fulfilling and self-directed lives possible. We help people develop their confidence and skills and to realise their potential.
Aspire is an organisation that keeps its promise: to do everything possible in putting the interests of the individuals with whom we work first; an organisation that can be trusted to continually deliver flexible and effective support that makes a positive difference.
We are looking for inspiring individuals to become Support Workers based in Glasgow with similar values and keen to fulfil the following S.U.P.P.O.R.T:
Socialise with our service users out in the community to participate in activities they enjoy.
Understand everyone has different needs but wish to be more independent.
Promise to have open and honest communications.
Promote positivity throughout challenges our service users face daily.
Observe the decisions our service users make and set in to support when needed.
Respect our services users to make their own choices about their lives.
Think about what we can do to offer more support to those that need it.
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period, however desirable qualities, qualifications and experience we are looking for are:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated, and driven to do the right thing by the people we support
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
We want to reward our staff with employee benefits including:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme
- Eligible in work travel payments
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers
- Competitive rates of pay and excellent paid holiday; and
- As an Employee-Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on "APPLY" today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.