SDS Support Worker - Aspire West Service (Airdrie/Coatbridge Area) ATR013
- Location: Airdrie/Coatbridge Area
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West
- Hours: 30 Hours per week - Day shift, back shift, night shift & weekends
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
Do you want to work within an expanding service, of an Employee Owned awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs. If yes, you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Your role may include:
- Assisting with personal care;
- Working with individuals to participate in community based social activities of their choice; and/or
- Assisting people with clinical and health care needs.
The location of this post is the Airdrie/Coatbridge area. Full training is provided.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
A full UK manual driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post including potential use of service users mobility cars.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payment;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe experienced Support Workers
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust
If you would like a rewarding career and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.