Support Worker - Aspire Central Service (Chapelhall) Ref: ATR025
- Location: Chapelhall, North Lanarkshire
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire Central (Chapelhall)
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: 36 per week. Day shift, back shift, night shift and weekends
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour + Excellent Benefits
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: This post requires drivers to drive a manual car.
Support Worker - Aspire Central Service, Chapelhall
Aspire – providing care and support in the community!
We are recruiting care staff to provide support to a young gentleman who is on the Autistic spectrum and lives in his own home. There is currently a small dedicated support team who provide support 24 hours a day which includes 1:1 support and additional 2:1 for activities. Activities include cinema, rebound, travelling via his own car and sensory activities. Due to specific dietary requirements meal planning and preparations would be advantageous.
If you want a rewarding career within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support we would be delighted to offer you an opportunity to join our team and make a real difference in people’s lives.
Do you share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives? Do you want to be part of supporting people to create better futures? Do you have a caring and thoughtful nature, and are compassionate, enthusiastic and are committed to supporting people in the community to achieve their personal aims and goals apply now!
Working to a rolling rota, full time and part time posts are available with salaries ranging from £9.30 per hour. Salaries are dependent on service and shift pattern that includes day shift, back shift and night shift weekend work. This post requires drivers to drive a manual car.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
Our Support Workers within the Service:
- Assist with personal care – varying degrees;
- Assist people with clinical and health care needs;
- Prompt, assist and administer medication;
- Provide tenancy support, including upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Provide physical and emotional wellbeing, including making and attending health and social care appointments and prepare meals; and
- Provide social support by attending and participating in social activities and clubs specific to the person
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
To apply please complete application forms part 1 and 2 today.
The closing date for applications is: 26th February 2021