Support Worker - Aspire Central Service (Chapelhall) Ref: ATR025
- Location: Chapelhall, North Lanarkshire
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire Central (Chapelhall)
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: 36 hours per week. Day shift, back shift, night shift and weekends
- Salary Scale: £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full UK manual driving licence with access to own car.
Aspire is an employee owned, award winning social care provider, winning prestigious awards at the Scottish Care National Awards every year in the past decade. All our efforts are focused on helping the people we support have to the most fulfilling and self-directed lives possible. We help people develop their confidence and skills and to realise their potential.
We are an organisation that that it keeps its promise: to do everything possible in putting the interests of the individuals with whom we work first; an organisation that can be trusted to continually deliver flexible and effective support that makes a positive difference.
We are recruiting support workers based in or around Airdrie to provide support to a young gentleman who is on the Autistic spectrum and lives in his own home. There is currently a small, dedicated support team who provide support 24 hours a day which includes 1:1 support and additional 2:1 for activities. Activities include cinema, rebound, travelling via his own car and sensory activities. Due to specific dietary requirements meal planning and preparations would be advantageous.
Do you share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives? Do you want to be part of supporting people to create better futures? Do you have a caring and thoughtful nature, and are compassionate, enthusiastic and are committed to supporting people in the community to achieve their personal aims and goals apply now!
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated, and driven to do the right thing by the people we support.
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on "APPLY" today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references: one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.