Support Worker - Aspire Central Service (West Lothian)
- Location: Working locations within West Lothian include Bathgate and Blackburn
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire Central Service
- Service: Aspire Central
- Hours: Day shift, back shift and weekend work
- Salary Scale: starting from £9.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Drivers are not essential for the post, but it is preferred for ease of travel between the services. Drivers and non-driver applications are welcome.
Aspire, an awards winning organisation – providing care and support in the community!
If you want a rewarding career within an expanding service, with staff that are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support, we would be delighted to offer you an opportunity to join our team and make a real difference in people’s lives.
Do you share our values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives? If you have a caring and thoughtful nature, and are compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community to achieve their personal aims and goals apply now!
We are recruiting staff to provide support to people within their own home who have varying support needs including learning disabilities, physical disabilities, young adults and tenancy support.
Working to a rota, full time and part time posts are available with salaries ranging from £9.00 per hour. Salaries are dependent on service and shift pattern that includes day shift, back shift and weekend work. Specific work locations within the West Lothian area include Bathgate EH48 and Blackburn EH47. Drivers are not essential for the post, but it is preferred for ease of travel between the services. Drivers and non-driver applications are welcome.
Our Support Workers within West Lothian Services:
- Assist with personal care – varying degrees;
- Assist people with clinical and health care needs;
- Prompt, assist and administer medication;
- Provide tenancy support, including upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Provide physical and emotional wellbeing, including making and attending health and social care appointments and prepare meals; and
- Provide social support by attending and participating in social activities and clubs specific to the person.
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments covering first to last visits;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust and eligible for any resulting bonuses.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.