Support Worker - Aspire West Service (Motherwell/Bellshill/Wishaw Areas)
- Location: Motherwell/Bellshill/Wishaw Areas
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Day shift and back shift
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent (full time and part time posts)
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full UK manual driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is essential.
Do you want to work within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the Motherwell, Bellshill & Wishaw areas, who have a variety of physical, dementia and learning disabilities? If yes, you could be exactly who we are looking for!
Our Support Workers within Motherwell:
- Provide tenancy Support, including upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Assist with personal care;
- Provide social supports by sourcing and assisting to attend activities that meet individual needs; and
- Provide emotional support by working along side people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Applicants must hold a full UK manual driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is essential.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe experienced support workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
If you would like a rewarding career and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now. Training is provided.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.