Female Support Worker - Chryston, North Lanarkshire
- Location: Chryston, North Lanarkshire
- Job Role: Suppport Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West
- Hours: Day shift and back shift
- Salary Scale: £9.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent (full time and part time posts)
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full UK driving license and access to their own car.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the Chryston area who have been diagnosed with a range and physical and mental needs?
Do you want to work within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support?
Our Support Workers within Chryston provide:
- Medication – prompt , assist & administer;
- Personal Care Assistance
- Emotional Support – working along side people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving license and access to their own car.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme.
If you would like a rewarding career within a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now. Training is provided. The closing date for applications is 12 noon, 24th September 2019.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Closing Date: 12th March 2020