Nightshift Support Worker - Housing Service - (Belleisle House) - Ref ATR 77
- Location: Belleisle House
- Job Role: Nightshift Support Worker
- Service: Housing Support Services
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary Scale: £11 per hour
- Contract Type: Substantive
Core purpose of the role:
Empowering and equipping individuals experiencing addiction, mental health, relationship and financial issues to move on from homeless accommodation.
Employee Benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme
- Eligible in work travel payments covering first to last visits
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday.
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust and eligible for any resulting bonuses.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To support and enable individuals to maintain their accommodation develop budgeting skills, cook nutritional meals and managing their home.
- Signposting and sourcing appropriate services such as Health Care, Housing
Associations, Case Workers, Addiction/Recovery Services.
- To carry out assessments and reviews of support needs as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals.
- To carry out Risk Enablement Plans as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals.
- Working with individuals to achieve their desired Support & Development Goals through use of an Outcome Measurement Framework called Better Futures.
- To support individuals to improve their quality of life.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fastpaced homeless accommodation setting.
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop.
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification.
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
- If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 and 2 today.
The closing date for applications is 14/11/2023
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer