Support Worker - Aspire West Service (North Lanarkshire) Ref: ATR039
- Location: North Lanarkshire region
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Sessional Hours and Permanent Full time Hours available
- Salary Scale: £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent and Sessional
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full UK manual driving licence with access to own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Aspire is an employee owned, award winning social care provider, winning prestigious awards at the Scottish Care National Awards every year in the past decade. All our efforts are focused on helping the people we support have to the most fulfilling and self-directed lives possible. We help people develop their confidence and skills and to realise their potential.
We are an organisation that that it keeps its promise: to do everything possible in putting the interests of the individuals with whom we work first; an organisation that can be trusted to continually deliver flexible and effective support that makes a positive difference.
We are looking for inspiring individuals to become Support Workers based in Motherwell and North Lanarkshire with similar values and keen to fulfil the following S.U.P.P.O.R.T.:
Socialise with our service users out in the community to participate in activities they enjoy.
Understand everyone has different needs but wish to be more independent.
Promise to have open and honest communications.
Promote positivity throughout challenges our service users face daily.
Observe the decisions our supported individuals make and set in to support when needed.
Respect our services users to make their own choices about their lives.
Think about what we can do to offer more support to those that need it.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
No previous experience is required as full training is provided and shadow working with a trained staff member is included within your induction period.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.