Support Worker - North Lanarkshire Ref: ASP/NL-12
- Location: North Lanarkshire
- Job Role: Support Worker - North Lanarkshire
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Full-time/Part-time available
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full manual UK driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
There is no better time to join Aspire Housing & Personal Development.
Aspire is an employee owned, award winning social care provider, winning at the highly prestigious Scottish Care National Awards every year in the past decade. All of our efforts are focused on helping the people we support have the most fulfilling and self-directed lives possible. We help people develop their confidence and skills and to realise their potential.
Due to growth, as a result of our reputation and confidence in the supports given to people, we are now looking for experienced Social Care Support Workers with the knowledge, training and skills to provide quality Care at Home or Self-Directed Support.
Do you share our values, and do you want to make a difference?
Support Worker - About the role:
Our Support Workers deliver high quality support, care and daily living, it can be challenging but also highly rewarding.
Depending on the individuals you support you may be responsible for:
- Assisting with different levels of personal care.
- Prompting, assisting or administering medication.
- You may need to provide tenancy support, emotional support and assist people with clinical and health care needs. You could be supporting people with physical or learning difficulties, visual impairments or brain injuries within their own homes.
- Actively engaging within current restriction with the local community, while assisting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
If you are caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs you could be exactly who we are looking for!
In addition to this:
- You must hold a full driving license and have access to your own car.
- We would prefer that you have an SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social care or have the commitment to undertake an SVQ.
- It would be great if you are registered with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or have a commitment to becoming registered.
As a member of staff with Aspire, you will:
Have the opportunity to receive quality training and development opportunities and to shadow experienced support workers, while receiving strong support and leadership, competitive pay and holidays.
We offer a referral recruitment scheme, a contributory pension scheme, 4 x annual salary life assurance and eligible in work travel payments amongst other employee benefits.
As an Employee Owned organisation, eligible employees are also owners of Aspire via the Trust.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today.
Our priority is the safety of our staff and the people we support, in the current COVID-19 environment we can assure you that we are enforcing the current guidelines stringently and ensuring we keep everyone safe.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.