Support Worker - North Lanarkshire
- Location: Coatbridge, Airdrie, Motherwell, Bellshill, Wishaw, Cumbernauld, Moodiesburn, Chryston
- Job Role: Support Worker
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Full-time and Part-time available
- Salary Scale: £9.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full manual UK driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the North Lanarkshire area with a variety of physical & learning disabilities?
Benefits of working within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation include:
- Working with staff that share our values and are committed to providing personalised services to the people we support;
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments and competitive rates of pay with 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust
Our Support Workers within North Lanarkshire provide:
- Medication – prompt , assist & administer;
- Tenancy Support - upkeep of home and financial assistance;
- Personal Care – intricate involvement in all levels of personal care including, continence care and bathing; and
- Emotional Support – working alongside people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities would be beneficial;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Closing Date: 20th May 2020