Support Worker - Outreach Service (Glasgow) ATR017
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Support Worker
- Service: Outreach
- Hours: Part-time/Full-time available
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full manual UK driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Core purpose and responsibilities of the role:
- To undertake a wide variety of tasks including delivering and arranging high quality support, care and daily living and personal development opportunities in both Accommodation & Outreach Services;
- To flexibly respond to individual needs and aspirations and assist individuals to have the maximum opportunities to direct the support or care provided in order to live as independent as possible; and
- Providing structured support in response to identified needs as documented in each person’s developmental support plan and in a way that equips people with the confidence and skills to live independent and sustainable lives, either though support in Accommodation Services or whilst living at home.
Employee Benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management;
- Strong IT skills;
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills;
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards;
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced homeless accommodation setting; and
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop;
SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification; and
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
If you would like a rewarding career and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now.
Candidates must have a full UK driving licence.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.