Support Worker - Aspire Outreach Service (Glasgow) Ref: ATR032
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Support Worker
- Service: Outreach
- Hours: Part-time/Full-time available
- Salary Scale: £9.50 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full manual UK manual driving licence and with access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Would you be an Amazing addition to our Employee Owned organisation? Do you Share our values for working in Social Care? Do you feel Passionate about helping people? Does empowering people to live their best lives Inspire you? Do you Respect the rights of others? If yes, you could be our next Employee!
Are you also able to answer Yes, to being a driver? This is an expectation of the post and staff need to hold a current UK manual Driver’s Licence with access to their own car.
Aspire is committed to being part of the prevention and solution to ending homelessness. We are looking to recruit someone like you to join our dynamic team offering housing and practical and emotional support to people with a variety of support needs. You would be supporting people within their own homes, engaging with the local community, engaging with recovery opportunities, and assisting people to live their best life as independently as possible. An exciting opportunity awaits you.
Are you someone who can deliver the core purpose and responsibilities of the role?
- To undertake a wide variety of tasks including delivering and arranging high quality support, care and daily living and personal development opportunities in both
- Accommodation & Outreach Services
- To flexibly respond to individual needs and aspirations and assist individuals to have the maximum opportunities to direct the support or care provided to live as independent as possible and
- Providing structured support in response to identified needs as documented in each person’s developmental support plan and in a way that equips people with the confidence and skills to live independent and sustainable lives, either through support in Accommodation Services or whilst living at home.
We want to reward our staff with employee benefits including:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme
- Eligible in work travel payments
- Competitive rates of pay and excellent paid holiday and
- As an Employee-Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management
- Strong IT skills
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced homeless accommodation setting; and
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification and
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
If you would like a rewarding career and want to be part of a team creating better futures click on “APPLY” today.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.