Support Worker - Aspire Outreach Service (Glasgow) Ref: ATR032
- Location: Glasgow
- Job Role: Support Worker
- Service: Outreach
- Hours: Part-time/Full-time available
- Salary Scale: £9.30 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Criteria: Applicants must hold a full manual UK driving licence and access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Aspire is committed to being part of the prevention and solution to ending homelessness. We are looking to recruit someone like you to join our dynamic team offering housing and practical and emotional support to individuals with a variety of support needs. You would be supporting people within their own homes, engaging with the local community, engaging with recovery opportunities, and assisting people to live their best life as independently as possible. An exciting opportunity awaits you.
Core purpose and responsibilities of the role:
- To undertake a wide variety of tasks including delivering and arranging high quality support, care and daily living and personal development opportunities in both Accommodation & Outreach Services;
- To flexibly respond to individual needs and aspirations and assist individuals to have the maximum opportunities to direct the support or care provided to live as independent as possible; and
- Providing structured support in response to identified needs as documented in each person’s developmental support plan and in a way that equips people with the confidence and skills to live independent and sustainable lives, either through support in Accommodation Services or whilst living at home.
Employee Benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; andAs an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management;
- Strong IT skills;
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills;
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards;
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced homeless accommodation setting; and
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop; SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification; and
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
If you would like a rewarding career and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now.
Candidates must have a full UK driving licence.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Please note - this role will require frequent Covid testing as part of our Covid Health and Safety guidelines.