Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Location: North Lanarkshire, including Motherwell, Wishaw, Bellshill, Cumbernauld, Airdrie, Coatbridge
- Job Role: Support Worker - Aspire West Service
- Service: Aspire West, Unit 18 Bellgrave Street
- Hours: Day shift, back shift and night shift
- Salary Scale: £9.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time, Part-time, Sessional
- Criteria: Travel within the community is an expectation of the role. A full UK driving licence with access to a car is required for current vacancies.
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people who have been diagnosed with a range of physical and mental disabilities including; Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Agoraphobia, Spina Bifida, Cerebral Palsy, Autism or Dementia?
If you want to work within an expanding service, of an awards winning organisation, with staff that share our values and are committed to providing a personalised service to the people we support?
Then we would be delighted to offer you an opportunity to join our team and make a real difference in people's lives!
Our Support Workers provide a range of care. Depending on the person you are supporting you may need to deliver some or all of the following;
- Medication - prompt , assist & administer;
- Personal Care Assistance (level depending on which area you will work in)
- Social supports - sourcing and assisting to attend activities that meet individual needs;
- Financial support; and
- Emotional Support - working alongside people to build trust and ensure all communication, opinions and decisions are appropriately recorded, reported and respected.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
- Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
- Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Applicants must hold a full driving license and access to their own car. Business use is not essential but preferred.
Employee benefits include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments covering first to last visits;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust and eligible for any resulting bonus'.
If you would like a rewarding career within a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now. Full raining is provided!
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.
Closing Date - 19th February 2020