Support Worker (Dayshift or Nightshift) – Housing Support Service (Paisley Road West - Travelodge) Ref:ATR030
- Location: Paisley Road West - Travelodge
- Job Role: Support Worker – Housing Support Service
- Service: Paisley Road West
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary Scale: £9.30 ph day-shift / £9.40 ph night-shift
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
We are acutely aware these are challenging and uncertain times for everyone. Aspire more than ever needs care workers to allow us to continue to offer the highest quality service to the people we support in communities across Central Scotland. This is especially important with the possibility of many of our staff self-isolating to support their families or to get well themselves.
Fixed-term employment opportunities for both day-shift and night-shift positions are available.
Core purpose of the role:
Empowering and equipping individuals experiencing addiction, mental health, relationship and financial issues to move on from homeless accommodation.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
- Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit;
- Employee Health Assured assistance programme;
- Eligible in work travel payments covering first to last visits;
- Opportunity to shadow and observe from experienced Support Workers;
- Competitive rates of pay and 5.6 weeks paid holiday; and
- As an Employee Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust and eligible for any resulting bonuses.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To support and enable individuals to maintain their accommodation; develop budgeting skills, cook nutritional meals and managing their home.
- Signposting and sourcing appropriate services such as Health Care, Housing Associations, Case Workers, Addiction/Recovery Services.
- To carry out assessments and reviews of support needs as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals.
- To carry out Risk Enablement Plans as and when necessary due to the changing needs and aspirations of individuals.
- Working with individuals to achieve their desired Support & Development Goals through use of an Outcome Measurement Framework called Better Futures.
- To support individuals to improve their quality of life.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills for this role include:
- Excellent organisational and time management.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills.
- Clear understanding of Health & Social Care Standards.
- Ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced homeless accommodation setting.
- At least 1 years’ personal or professional experience in a comparable role with transferable skills is preferred for this post.
Desirable qualities, qualifications and experience for this role include:
- Ability to use your personal skills to help individuals develop.
- SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertaking this qualification.
- Registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered within six months of commencing role.
If you would like a rewarding career with a living wage employer and want to be part of a team creating better futures apply now to complete application part 1 and 2 today.
The closing date for applications is 01 March 2021.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer.