SEND US AN EMAIL
Thank you for your interest in Aspire, for further information about Aspire and any of our service’s or vacancies or anything else, please complete the form below.
Aspire encourage feedback from people who have experienced our services. Feedback includes:
We would never have gotten through these difficult months without you and your amazing team!!!! [Local Manager to HR Admin Manager and Team, Dec 2020]
Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience, Oct/Nov 2020:
- My overall experience so far with Aspire as been great – the staff have been extremely welcoming and this made me want the job role even more. I’m finding it hard to make any bad comments about aspire as my experience so far has been enjoyable.
- I have enjoyed the recruitment process so far the staff that I have had the opportunity to be in contact with have been amazing and incredibly patient and helpful. Hazel helped me chase up my second reference which then got submitted that same night. I am always kept updated with the progress of my application.
- The recruitment process has been fairly easy going so far, it has been much smoother and far less stressful than previous jobs I have worked in and I greatly appreciate the work that's gone in to make the process this easy.
- My recruitment has been very good i was contacted via telephone by Amy who was lovely to invite me to attend an interview the links were sent via email straight away. The interview took place in time via whats ap and i was called the same day to offer me the position . I was then sent all the paperwork within a couple of days. Everything was very straight forward. Gael, Connor and Amy have kept in regular contact to give me progress updates and all the induction in quite lengthy i feel it promotes a good high quality for taking your position forward within the company.
- My recruitment experience has been great, I’ve met a few really friendly and helpful people so far, I cant wait to get started to meet many more people I may be working with.
- It has been good. I liked that the interview was able to be done via whats app. The questions were formal though the interview had a casual feel to it, enabling me to relax and be myself in the interview.
- I have been contacting Connor in HR sorting out paperwork and it's been simple enough to do with a little help and guidance if needed along the way.
- My initial experience has so far been positive. Contact with HR has been very helpful as was the initial induction with Cammei. Well presented and definitely made me fell comfortable throughout.
- HR (Hazel) has kept me informed of the process and how my references and SSSC application has been coming along. I have asked Hazel several questions which she has been more than helpful with...... nothing was an issue for her.
Newly appointed employees discussing their induction experience, Oct/Nov 2020:
- This [induction] left me in no doubt that this company is willing to invest in me. A great and lasting first impression, even if it did take more effort, it was worth it, and Cammei [L&D Facilitator] was there to keep you wanting to work at it and do better.
- Having a layered more textured approach to the learning gives the student a sense of belonging. It gives the course gives the course a university feel. And, having an enthusiastic knowledgeable teach, who has been there, seen it and done it, leaves you in no doubt of the value of what you are learning.
- I give Aspire a 5 for investing in me and giving me a dedicated teacher to train me and help me feel like a part of the company. Someone, I can, and have, reached, when I needed help or advice. I have a name and I am not a number. This company is not just Lip Service.
- This [induction] course has been informative and the videos have generally been engaging. Classroom and social interactions such as group discussions are valuable but other than this missing, it has been good to work thorugh the course at my own pass and in my leisure.
- I had some problems as had not used google classroom before and not used to working with computer programmes but it was a learning process.
- I couldn't fault any of it, Cammei [L&D Facilitator] was so helpful and full of knowledge that put me at ease always whilst on zoom.
- Face to face training would've been great but feel that I gained so much from Cammei [L&D Facilitator] and looking forward to more training.
- I have been very impressed with the training with Cameron, [L&D Facilitator], and i have to admit i have worked with several companies and I can honestly say even though online this has been the best and most in depth training I have had for a core induction.
Laura [Regional Manager], I would like to take a moment to thank all the Aspire staff. The learning I have learned from staff that have worked in the Organisation for years has been amazing. Lynn has been amazing with myself and I have learned so much from her and John and many more. I also want to thank all the management team during this pandemic, the support myself and the team have had has been great. Even with my situation you guys were doing everything you could to support and help, I will be forever thankful for that. I couldn’t generally be working for a better organisation than Aspire, the company is close to my heart so thanks for everything. Sometimes we have to realise where we are and how people rally round to help one another. And also my dream was a success, to work for you guys, I love my job. X [Employee CMcL, Housing Support Services, Nov 20]
[Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience, Oct 2020]:
- Good experience so far, Cammei is most helpful, slides are clear and concise.
- So far my experience with Aspire has been super easy and everybody seems so lovely! I had my interview on Thursday, was offered the job straight away then the next day was sent over all the relevant application packs and paper work that needed done. Today’s induction was pretty smooth sailing as well, I’ve never used zoom before but was nice to put faces to the name as well.
- So far Cameron who conducted the zoom chat, and Hazel whom I have been in correspondence with over email have both been incredibly informative, friendly and welcoming and have made my introduction into the company a pleasant experience. They couldn't have been more helpful and kind and I look forward to getting to know them both more on my journey into becoming a support worker.
“I can’t thank you enough, the team have been mega supportive, especially Anne B and Tracy A” [Next of Kin, Cumbernauld C@H service, Oct 2020].
[Newly appointed employees discussing the recruitment experience, Sept 2020]:
- In the initial stages of the recruitment process I have been in contact mainly with Hazel, who has been very friendly and responsive. I also had a positive experience interviewing with Martin. In terms of completing documents and the necessary paperwork, Hazel made the process clear and simple. My Zoom introduction with Cammei was very welcoming as he October helped us get to know a bit about each other which I think put us all at ease. The training was very informative and he explained our next steps very clearly. It was also motivating as he highlighted Aspire’s fantastic achievements as well as their important key values.
- My thoughts on the Aspire induction. I have had the privilege to work with Hazel and Cameron thus far and, my immediate thoughts are very positive. Both Hazel and Cameron have shown a genuine interest in me personally and have displayed a very professional approach to their work. They have both been patient and kind while attending to my business in an efficient manner. The heart of any organisation are it’s people and Hazel and Cameron represent Aspire in a great light. They seem to be people I could work well with and I look forward to being a part of the team. The induction material was informative and pithy. I found it interesting and precise and I look forward to the training program with enthusiasm.
- I personally have felt very welcomed in joining Aspire, every phone call I have had has been friendly, helpful and made me feel at ease, everyone i have spoken to has been professional understanding and made me feel eager to join the team i am very happy and excited to start with Aspire.
Just a quick message to let you know how much I value Cammei [Cameron Gilchrist, Aspire L&D Facilitator] support. I'm due to do zoom training next week and was very apprehensive about it as I'm notto good on computers. Cammei set up a trial run this morning and has settled my nerves as he explained everything so clearly. I just feel everyone is quick enough with the negatives, I feel it's only right to give praise where it's due. Thanks [Teresa , Support Worker, Sept 2020]
[New employee discussing their recruitment experience, Aug 2020]:
- Amazing. Extremely straightforward and quick. My interview was on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon I had been told I was successful, then by Monday I already had all the documents I needed to start my training. My point of contact has been Connor Stevens who has been extremely helpful and quick in replying. And Cameron Gilchrist who has helped me begin my training journey.
- I have received information from Connor Steven and Cameron which has been helpful, they both respond fast too when I was having issues logging into the training and with paperwork. I haven’t spoken to my line manager currently but I have no issues with my recruitment experience.
- My recruitment process has been very relaxed and very informative.
I, and all of us at Ypeople, would like to share our warmest thanks and gratitude to the Aspire, Help the Homeless Glasgow, and Maryhill Extra Community teams. The support you have given our young people and staff in Branston Court over the past few months of lockdown has been incredible, and the positive effects have been felt by everyone in our organisation.
As you will know, helping to support young people through difficult times can have a significant impact on their future. Offering them a kind and empathetic network of support can be what changes someone’s life for the better. The home cooked meals you provided, offered much more than nutrition – they offered comfort and kindness to our young people and it is a gesture that I’ve no doubt will have a positive impact in their lives going forward. The feedback we received from them is testament to that.
If you would like to learn more about the work we do across Scotland, or you are interested in collaborating on future projects, please do get in touch with us.
Your support has meant a great deal to all our staff and young people, and we thank you sincerely for it. [Letter of thanks to CEO Aspire from CEO Ypeople Aug 2020]
Lovely speaking to you too! Thanks for your chat and for the application. I’m starting to feel things are turning around. [Comment to HR Administrator (HMcC) from applicant, Aug 2020]
- My experience has been extremely positive and uplifting. Everything has been communicated clearly and I have been welcomed into the company with open arms. Hazel (my HR contact) has been friendly, supportive and welcoming which has given me a positive impression of the company, and confidence in myself that I can flourish here. The recruitment process, from the point of sending my application to receiving the job offer and subsequent training/forms to complete has been very quick, clear and efficient. It has proved that this organisation cares about staff, the people they support and the commitment to the service.
- For someone like myself who has never had to do an induction like this i must say everything is so well put together and easy to understand . once you figure it out it is quite simple , although at first i was a bit overwhelmed but that is on my part as i haven't done much work on laptops apart from cvs etc .
- Very quick and fast tracked to get started. [Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience, Jul 2020]
‘I called David to ask how things were going. David said he was over the moon with everything. David said all of his team are a credit to Aspire and he is so happy with every single one of them. David’s friends and family said they have noticed a huge difference in him and says he has the twinkle in his eye is back. David said everything has been great and he is so happy.’ [Aspire Service Coordinator, following discussion with Supported Person, Jul 2020]
‘Just been along to the Travelodge, all staff and supported individuals settling in well, 17 individuals booked in this week, one individual arriving this afternoon. Nicola at the accommodation team is looking to fill the rest of the rooms over the weekend taking the totally to 25.Staff embracing the challenge of the service having to think outside the box.
I met with Anna one of the mangers at the Travelodge she is really happy with the staff and said the communications has been excellent and they are all working well together in unusual circumstance for both teams.’ [Feedback from Team leader, Accom Services re the Travelodge support that started 6/7/20, Jul 2020].
"supported persons family would like to thank the fast thinking actions of a staff member in response to medical emergency. These actions resulted in the supported gentleman’s life being saved." [Family of supported person, Aspire West, Jun 2020]
- My recruitment has been good, I like that it was fast and the people I have been involved with so far have been very helpful.
- The recruitment process was very straightforward, given that we are living in unprecedented times at the moment with the Covid 19 Pandemic! I’ve never interviewed before via video call but Sarah made the whole experience very relaxed and informal, more of a chat than a formal interview. I felt very comfortable with her and she provided lots of information about Aspire and what they are like to work for. Sarah provided information regarding the full recruitment process and advised me of the steps to take next and what would happen from that point onwards.
- The whole recruitment experience for me so far has been great. This was the first interview In nearly 5 years so I was nervous but both Anne and Tracey were so welcoming and put me at ease. The google classroom is easy to navigate and the materials are informative and well set out and enjoyable to read. [Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience, Jun 2020]
"Family would like to thank the Aspire team for the ongoing support to their family member in transitioning to SDS care from locality support. This has allowed for a smooth transition and the supported person settling in to a new period in her life" [Family of supported person, Aspire West, Jun 2020]
“I have used Aspire for a number of clients when I worked in Receiving Services and now in the area team, and they are a wonderful service. I have actually used them 3 times during lockdown to commence new services (under STI at present) with vulnerable adults on my case load.
In my role as a social worker in NW Glasgow, formulating care plans for vulnerable adults that have been referred under Adult Support and Protection legislation, Aspire have been a highly reliable and truly inspiring service provider. They are reactive and responsive to emergency situations, carrying out assessment visits and commencing services quickly. They have supported vulnerable adults to make literally life-saving changes, addressing underlying causes that have been supressed for years for the situation people have found themselves in. This along with attending to practical tasks and social support, delivered sensitively and tailored to each individual, by either staffing one to one, group or supporting clients to access other local resources, has given people real hope for the future”
“I have only good things to say about Aspire. The area manager Laura Wright is fantastic. She responds immediately to any requests for support often at very short notice for example under an STI. She has a great overview of all of her services and seems to know her staff individually as well as a very good knowledge of clients and what is happening for them.
Aspire have provided an excellent service to several of my clients in recent months, often under challenging circumstances related to the individual client’s circumstances. I have mostly used the service out of Garscube Road but also in the Southside. Staff are very professional, well informed, responsive, attentive and caring and I have received weekly updates from the team leader during CV. I feel they go above and beyond to help and are so adaptable (even supporting one of my client’s to move from supported accommodation to her own flat during the CV crisis). I cannot recommend their service enough”. [Adult Services (MH Commissioning Team), Jun 2020]
SM has asked that it is noted that Lynda is a great carer and has been brilliant with her this morning. S happy to have Lynda involved in her support ongoing. This was Lynda’s first lone working shift with S. [SM, Supported Individual, East Renfrewshire, Jun 2020]
"I haven’t been more settled in home care with any company until Aspire so thank you" [Support Worker, Aspire Central, Jun 2020]
“During the review Mr and Mrs M were singing your praises , they feel their son’s service is in safe hands and that you always go above and beyond for the whole family” [Cumbernauld Social Worker, Jun 2020]
"My experience has been extremely positive and uplifting. Everything has been communicated clearly and I have been welcomed into the company with open arms. Hazel (my HR contact) has been friendly, supportive and welcoming which has given me a positive impression of the company, and confidence in myself that I can flourish here.
The recruitment process, from the point of sending my application to receiving the job offer and subsequent training/forms to complete has been very quick, clear and efficient. It has proved that this organisation cares about staff, the people they support and the commitment to the service." [Successful new employee at induction, Jun 2020].
- It has been excellent so far. I feel I’ve been given what I need to know about the company and it’s values without being overloaded with information. Some slides could perhaps stand out visually a bit more as some are quite plain to the eye but this is only a minor nitpick.
- With the ongoing situation created by Covid19 my assimilation to Support staff member will be a unique experience. Everyone has been great and always there for support.
- The recruitment experience has been very positive and informative, the H.R department were very efficient and helpful with the whole on line process. [New employees discussing their recruitment experience, May 2020]
“Thank you so much for all your help – I cannot explain how much I appreciate this.” [Bellshill Social Work, May 2020]
“I’m so happy at the quick response and help that I could cry” [Supported Individual’s Daughter , Cumbernauld, May 2020]
- My recruitment journey so far has been not so straight forward due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Which meant I had to have a phone call interview and all my documents had to be sent over and filled out over the computer. However despite this the context of the documents were straight forward and whenever I had any questions or if I was in need of some help I felt comfortable enough to email and ask. [New employee discussing the recruitment experience, Apr 2020]
I would like to say thank you to Aspire for the time I have spent with your organisation. I’ve meet some fantastic people and the staff are an absolute credit to you. Every member of staff goes above and beyond their duties. They areMy recruitment journey so far has been not so straight forward due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Which meant I had to have a phone call interview and all my documents had to be sent over and filled out over the computer. However despite this the context of the documents were straight forward and whenever I had any questions or if I was in need of some help I felt comfortable enough to email and ask. N.b Users keep control of their work and all other work has been deleted by the staff on their end. amazing, it was great to see and be part of the fantastic teamwork that goes on within Aspire’s services. [Sessional Worker, Apr 2020]
SM said Margaret Ann took her outside the complex this morning in wheelchair. This is the first SM has felt able to go out and do this in a year!!!! She is so pleased she felt able to do this and aims to do it more regularly if her arthritis isn’t as bad. They weren’t out that long because she started to have a BM but its a start. Again SM praised Margaret Ann and said she deserves a medal for her hard work. [supported Individual, Apr 2020]
To John, Aspire Lead Recovery Facilitator, re donation of Tesco food during COVID-19 Pandemic -
"Can we express our gratitude on behalf of our Service Users here at Rodney Street Assessment Centre on your kind donation of foodstuffs. Rodney Street Assessment Centre accommodate some of the most vulnerable homeless Service Users in Glasgow and are delighted and humbled by your kindness. Can you pass our thanks on to Amanda (Tesco Maryhill), Helen and Anton (Help the Homeless)." [Service Centre Manager, Rodney Street Assessment Centre, Apr 2020]
"Trust me it’s me who is appreciating all the support you and all the staff are providing!" [Senior Officer, Homelessness Commissioning, Vulnerable Child and Adult Services Team, Glasgow City HSCP, Apr 2020]
"Elaine [HR Administration Manager] was great, friendly and she gave me lots of information about the role, described it clearly which was really good." [Feedback following interview, Apr 2020]
Comments regarding Kirsty [Aspire Central Coordinator] and the East Renfrewshire team of Support Workers:
"Thanks for your note and fantastic support and care for Y. These times are tough for us all however especially those who are on their own and need amazing people like your team to help. Thank you so much for your continued support and care." [Family member of supported person, Apr 2020]
During a 'check-in' conversation compliments from a previous email were reiterated regarding praise for Aspire, and more specifically Frank and Sarah of the West Lothian Service. The family commented that M is being very well looked after, and they are staying away without concern as they know he is fine under the care of staff." Two direct comments:
“I can see that your staff are doing everything possible to keep themselves and your clients safe.”
“Both Frank and Sarah [Support Workers] are doing a grand job at looking after M.” [Stepfather of Supported Individual, Apr 2020]
"Just want to say a big thank you for arranging transport for us all and ensuring we are getting to work safely. Times like this makes you appreciate the small gestures." [Employee to Managers, Apr 2020]
"I must say – I’m really really surprised it went down so well and can only think that Amber’s bubbly personality has been really helpful in aiding this. I’m sure you’re already more than aware but she really is an asset to your team. Thank you and please extend my thanks to Amber too for both of your assistance. [Message of thanks from Social Worker, to Service Manager, regarding staff member in the ARBI Service, April 2020]
Message of thanks to Aspire West, Service Manager:
"I would just like to say, I think yourself and the coordinators should get employees of the month for holding everything together for US, and for keeping us all updated with all the changes that have and are happening daily. I personally would like to give you all a pat on the back and I would hope your hard work will be recognised with the hierarchy. Well done team ASPIRE." [Employee, Apr 2020].
"You should be very proud of your front-line staff: They are doing a remarkable job and have been extremely helpful in a “that’s what we’re here for” way. Nothing is a bother (even if it really is!) and that’s so helpful in these unprecedented times." [Senior Commissioner, Homeless Services, in response to Aspire's Chief Executive enquiry about our service delivery in their opinion at these times, Apr 2020].
I just wanted to say how much of a pleasure it has been to work with Andy McGibbon [Aspire Support Worker] over the past few shifts. He has a great set of skills and the way he has handled the more challenging situations with the residents has been on point, professional and confident. [Aspire Training Facilitator, Apr 2020]
- My experience has been extremely positive. The girls who interviewed me were excellent and Hazel has been great, keeping me up to speed with all that I need to know.
- Recruitment has been great from interview to acceptance however due to covid 19 it has been quite scary if I'm 100% honest; being sent out to shadow without any training was also scary since I come from a retail and restaurant background and did not know anything at that point.
- The recruitment experience has been overall very helpful and very informative, very good communication from the organisation to date. [New employees discussing their recruitment experience, Mar 2020]
Our Staff member Margaret Ann has received compliments this week from two supported people. So nice to hear during such challenging times for everyone.
- "Margaret Ann has been an absolute diamond and nothing is a bother for her." When attending to the supported persons' personal care Margaret Ann ensured the individual was not embarrassed and she took it all in her stride!
- "Margaret Ann deserves a medal for all her hard work." The supported person went on to say that she doesn’t know what she would do without her. [Supported Individuals, Mar 2020]
During a telephone conversation with the step father of a supported individual MF, he expressed his thanks for, and praised the work of, our staff member Frank O’Donnell, [within our Central Service]. He advised that Frank has built a wonderful relationship with both MF, and his parents, how supportive he is of MF and how much MF looks forward to seeing Frank each day. He also stated regarding Frank... “we must never lose him, as he is an asset to the company” [Family member, Mar 2020]
"What a beautiful and kindly worded email. Thank you. Warm wishes." [Sessional new start after receiving his welcome email, Mar 2020]
"I can't tell you how amazing all of this is. Usually in these types of campaigns when we need the client to provide bits and pieces it all comes in dribs and drabs. Every single thing we could possibly need is attached here. I shall get all of this processed and keep you posted along the way. Thank you."[Account Manager, Local Radio Station, regarding information prepared for a recruitment campaign, Feb 2020]
"I was feeling so down and didn’t know anything when I first became homeless and came to the service. The staff in the service where so lovely and supported me in everyway. They supported me well and I felt at home in the service. I didn’t want to leave even though I had been given my own tenancy.
Even when I moved to my own house the staff continued to support me. They helped me with household items while I waited on my welfare fund coming through. This helped me settle into my new home and I cannot thank staff and Helen enough for this. I know that if I need them I can call or come by the service and I will always feel welcome." [Ex-occupant, Queen Margaret Drive, Feb 2020].
"In my role as a social worker in NW Glasgow, formulating care plans for vulnerable adults that have been referred under Adult Support and Protection legislation, Aspire have been a highly reliable and truly inspiring service provider. They are reactive and responsive to emergency situations, carrying out assessment visits and commencing services quickly. They have supported vulnerable adults to make literally life-saving changes, addressing underlying causes that have been supressed for years for the situation people have found themselves in. This along with attending to practical tasks and social support, delivered sensitively and tailored to each individual, by either staffing one to one, group or supporting clients to access other local resources, has given people real hope for the future."[AL, Social Worker, Feb 2020]
"I have used Aspire social care provision for a number of my client’s and I have been impressed by their responsiveness in terms of timescales and also effective communication.
I have seen the way the support workers and managers interact and engage with their service users. They are able to adapt were necessary their interactions and care plans. They are flexible when required and have a caring and supportive approach.
I also had the pleasure of seeing first had on Christmas day the effort they put into to provide a 3 course Christmas meal to Service Users (SU) at their base but also for the SU that could not get there they took the hot meals to them. I also understand the same thing happened on another poignant t day for SU (New Year’s Day). I have been impressed by the caring approach by all staff members and lots of local connections and established relationships and have successfully fund raised which benefits the SU as it can open up opportunities within the community. They are SU focussed and I would not hesitate to refer to their service again (and again).
I also had the pleasure of seeing first had on Christmas day the effort they put into to provide a 3 course Christmas meal to Service Users (SU) at their base but also for the SU that could not get there they took the hot meals to them. I also understand the same thing happened on another poignant t day for SU (New Year’s Day). I have been impressed by the caring approach by all staff members and lots of local connections and established relationships and have successfully fund raised which benefits the SU as it can open up opportunities within the community. They are SU focussed and I would not hesitate to refer to their service again (and again)." [Social Worker, North West CMHT, Feb 2020]
"I have recently been involved in working alongside the organisation Aspire and in particular, one of their Resettlement and /Outreach Service.
This was a very sensitive piece of work, that it involved the closure programme of one of their longstanding resettlement units and the relocation of a number of Service Users.
I found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable about the needs of their service users and would have to comment, that overall that their care planning is definitely ‘person centred’.
They were very receptive to the obvious level of anxiety and frustrations that the Service Users were experiencing and they dealt with that in a reassuring and sympathetic manner.
The whole team were is a very stressful situation, attempting to balance the needs of their service users alongside the uncertainty of their own situation.
I found that the manager was always extremely very well informed and that again was very receptive to the fluidity of the closure and never wavered in her professionalism. The external managers of the organisation, made themselves available and were involved in the devolvement of information, to not only their own staff team but more importantly to the service user group and the other agencies involved.
Overall a very positive experience and a very professional organisation" [Qualified worker, Glasgow City Council, Feb 2020]
Excellent testimonial from Colleen. You can read her story within our News page. [Supported individual, Feb 2020]
“Really good at keeping me up-to date, you are really friendly and efficient”;
“The overall process has been really easy and you have let me know where I am each step of the way”; and
“I agree, Hazel was really friendly too and has kept me up-to date at all times” [Various comments received at an Induction Session regarding recruitment, Feb 2020]
"Amber [Aspire Support Worker] is doing an excellent job supporting J and I am very happy with the standard of work she and your colleagues provide, in often challenging circumstances." [Social Work regarding Aspire's support of an individual within the ARBI Service, Jan 2020]
"You [Kirsty, Aspire Central Coordinator] are certainly living up to your reputation as being super efficient." [Husband of supported individual, Jan 2020]
"Had a proper read at notes and what hits me is the positivity and awareness of promoting J’s skill. Fab delighted." [From parent of supported individual, Jan 2019]
"May I say your carers [Aspire Central, Intensive Services] are amazing!" [S, Rehabilitation Nurse, Eastwood Health and Care Centre, Dec 2019]
SM contacted On Call phone to say thank you to myself [Kirsty, Coordinator] and anyone else in the department for looking out for her. She also praised the Support Workers and said she wouldn’t change them for the world. [Call from Supported Person to Aspire Central, Dec 2019]
"Thanks Kirsty, I really appreciate the support yourself and staff are giving to Carol and the degree of flexibility which is being explored to ensure her support package works for her." [Social Work regarding Aspire's supporting of an individual within the Aspire ARBI Service, Nov 2019].
"G was admitted safely to Mearns House yesterday. This was a smooth transition and we are privileged to be in a position to be part of the support mechanism for G and his family.
All staff members from aspire were fantastic, and I would like to say a special thank you to Sally, Maxine and Alexis for how professional, compassionate and supportive you all were in this process, not only to G and his loved ones, but to the staff at Mearns House and we look forward to continue to work in partnership." [K, Mearns House Manager and S, Consultant, Dec 2019]
"Robyn was so fast at replying to me, I would send her an email and she’d already reply within a couple of minutes. She was really nice on the phone. She even replied to me sometimes when she had an out of office on. I was reminded of everything I had to go to. My interview was so great too, I felt like I actually knew them while I was there." [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Nov 2019]
"I was kept up to date with everything, because I’m not from around here (Tracy is from Ireland) I didn’t know where to go but the directions Robyn gave me were clear, really good communication from her. She also walked me to the door after my interview which I thought was nice, I liked that personal touch." [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Nov 2019]
"I really have no faults at all. I was kept up to date with everything, every email Hazel said I would get I received on time, Hazel’s communication was great. I liked that the contract and everything I had to sign was in one piece instead of receiving forms to sing in dribs and drabs. Kirsty was really nice to speak to in my interview too, very pleasant and friendly. Again really I have no faults at all to say." [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Nov 2019]
“Just to let you know that both guys who are on the DIY Trade School Tiling course are doing very well. They are both showing a great attitude and interest on the course and doing very well” [Feedback from owner of a tiling business who offered a free certificated tiling course to homeless people giving them an opportunity in life, Oct 2019]
"A massive thank you too all the staff at Aspire you have all helped me as a team. I am so grateful too be where I am today today I am free from all negativity thanks too Aspire l have my own family back best team ever love A" [Supported Individual, Oct 2019]
"Absolutely no complaints, me and Chris were talking about this, this morning actually we’ve been emailed every day. Always replied to promptly, smashing.” [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Oct 2019]
“I had a brilliant interview, it was so nice and casual felt at home. The only thing is that the contract pack is a bit hefty, if it was digital it would be better." [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Oct 2019]
“I just want so say it’s totally changed in here (Aspire) from what I have seen already. The difference is amazing from when I was last here (2011-2015) it’s like night and day. It’s so much better already and that’s just through your communication so far, the emails and phone calls. One of the reasons I wanted to come back was the individuals but this has made me want to come back here even more now, I’m excited.” [Successful new employee (and previous employee) speaking at Induction, Oct 2019]
"I am in housing, I don’t know if it’s the same for these guys but I loved my pre-interview where we got to come into the service and speak to everyone and get to know about housing and QMD. It wasn’t too formal and eased me in as I am new to social care but really want a career in this line. I got a chance to speak to a lot of people. Again communication was great too." [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, Oct 2019]
"The council has now set me up at Aspire, it’s brilliant. Whatever is going on for me, I can go in and talk. The staff just want the best for me – staff go above and beyond. My life has turned around massively. This is one of the good places." [Extract of interview with Angela Keen, a recovering drug addict who has been in and out of Glasgow’s homeless system in recent years. Reported in the Evening Times Article ‘Brutal reality of Glasgow's 'uninhabitable' temporary homeless accommodation revealed’ Evening Times, Oct 2019]
"I really just wanted to convey a very big thank you to yourself and the whole staff team for your commitment to the people you have supported over the years the service has been in operation. There have been a huge amount of people supported to better outcomes and lifestyles and this could not have happened without the good will, tolerance and effort of the support teams involved." [Commissioner feedback, Sept 2019]
“Robyn [HR Administrator] was really helpful and friendly. On the phone too she was always really cheerful and helped me a lot with anything I needed. The contact through email was great and I was kept up to date. She was great to talk to no problems at all” [Successful new start speaking at Induction, Sept 2019]
“I feel like I was talking to a family member, they told me not to worry and that they would do anything they could to help. Hazel [HR Administrator] emailed me to keep in touch, ask how I was doing, how my family was doing, she was praying for me and my family. I couldn’t believe it, it’s like I have been working here for years the way they have treated me. I felt at home all the time here. Cammei [L&D Facilitator] took me to the side and understood how much pain I was in, he was so sympathetic it was so lovely” [Successful new employee speaking at Induction, following the passing of her mother in the previous month, Sept 2019]
“You have all been very straight up since the start, and very helpful. Hazel [HR Administrator] has kept in touch loads I feel like I was talking to a friend, like somebody who knew me. Even when coming here [to induction] you [L&D Facilitator] have been great. I can’t fault it. I liked that there was only one person in the interview, it wasn’t as bad as 2 or 3 people. Kirsty [Interviewer] was so friendly.” [Successful new start speaking at Induction, Sept 2019]
“Kirsty [Interviewer] was so relaxed and friendly, I felt like I could speak freely; she really did put me at ease especially since I’ve not been at an interview in a long time. The communication has honestly been second to none, I wasn’t left waiting on updates, it’s been great." [Successful new start speaking at Induction, Sept 2019]
"Grateful for the level of support and care that had been shown to the supported individual. Staff have gone above and beyond to support and encourage to keep his flat within the service and not divert back to rough sleeping." [Care Manager/Addictions Social Worker, Sept 2019]
"Five months ago Aspire came into my life, to assist me getting my life on track. Alcohol was my fix, I was a mess; myself, my house, my bills were not paid, I was not eating properly – everything was a disaster, I called it Beirut. I woke up one morning feeling hellish, this time I still had vodka but I didn’t touch it. I decided enough was enough. The friends I mixed with were also drinkers so I was fine, or so I thought. I poured the vodka down the drain, although I still felt awful I tried to tidy up, but it didn’t happen. I was sick and tired of the mess I was in.
My social worker appeared - I think she was sick of me and trying to help me, and fed up of me telling her to F/off and keep out of my business. She contacted Aspire who came into my life. They helped clean up, as no one else was prepared to help. They helped me with post; lawyer’s letters which hadn’t been opened, bills which were unpaid. I had so many missed appointments that I hadn’t bothered with. Aspire helped me through assisting me with outstanding bills and rent arrears which were overdue. Due to all of the above I was facing eviction from my home and court proceedings had started. My benefits had been sanctioned and I needed to apply for Universal Credit which I wasn’t in a position to manage, this was assisted by social work and universal credit and I know have the correct benefits in place. Aspire intervened with follow ups in case I wasn’t coping. Court process because of anti-social behaviour is impending, and I am due to be evicted but I’m not on my own, Aspire are still with me, whereas others gave up – doctors, family, friends.
My life now is good, I’m in a good place. I made peace with my family and doctor. Aspire supported me with dissolving my drinking den, now there is peace and quiet. Aspire came to visit for the doctors, hospital, shopping and rehab meetings. I dread to think where I would have been without them.
I am now awaiting a date to move into my new accommodation….my new journey. Thank you all" [Supported Individual, Sept 2019]
"Thanks Hazel ............ if I get this job I’ll owe you a big drink for all your help. You have a great weekend." [Service Coordinator candidate prior to interview, Sept 2019]
"My time at aspire made me feel safe and I learned no matter how proud u are in urself if u ask the staff they will help no matter what your situation may be as I am not a good reader or writer and was a bit embarrassed to ask but I had to and when I had to fill out forms or read mail they would help me most of all I learned hat there are people who care and I would like to thank everyone from aspire for making me welcome and getting me from were I was to were I am now thank you." [QMD resident, who has moved on to his own tenancy, Sept 2019]
"I just wanted to drop you a quick note in relation to our 2 mutual patients that have recently had IP stays in the QEUH as I have been hugely impressed by the carers that have been in with the patients and grateful if you could pass my thanks on to the care teams. Thank you for your help and support in developing such excellent care teams for our mutual patients." [Senior Consultant, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital (QEUH), Aug 2019]......................................
......"I would just want to reiterate from a HSCP perspective that we too have also been very impressed by the service to date and the standards that your staff team have maintained in relation to the care and support of these 2 individuals." [East Renfrewshire Health & Social Care Partnership, Sept 2019]
Comments received from people supported across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services [Between May - Sept 2019]
- Before Aspire, there were two care companies that failed to discharge my father home. It is with great will and determination of Aspire as company that succeeded where other companies failed. I also put a lot of the success down to the fact that the Deputy CEO had a very strong understanding and grasp of the NHS system based on previous roles that got us to this stage. Of course, not forgetting the team behind Aspire.
- Staff are professional, very helpful and make effort to ensure they build a relationship based on trust with my father. Furthermore, they are very respectful of our home environment and our religious beliefs.
- Staff that attend AA meetings with me are an inspiration to other service users they visit. AA members speak to other groups explaining the excellent work Aspire does E, J, J, A are the core workers with me. They are spoken very highly of.
- The key family members including supported individual were involved in details from inception, through to full transition in to the home environment.
- Due to the complexities of being a ventilated patient with complex medical history, every effort was made to ensure all needs and priorities were understood to ensure the home was safe environment to be discharged to and where staff felt appropriately trained to manage my father.
- The care I receive from care staff is excellent. Quality is very good.
- Staff are not left alone with my father unless they have been fully signed off as competent to deal with ventilation and other medical needs.
- Staff are caring and take time to help me get interests.
- All staff have been punctual and reliable to date
- Communication is clear and receptive to feedback on how my father or family like care delivered. Staff listen to what I say or comment on.
- We have an open, honest and trusted relationship that also includes respecting our family and house.
- We have open access and details of the Deputy CEO and Service Manager if we have any concerns. We have regular service review meetings to discuss what's going well and where we need support. I have also found staff open to immediate feedback where there is a need.
"Will always remember my placement and all I learned whilst on placement at copland, through out my social work career." [Placement, who choose to then work sessional hours with Aspire, Aug 2019]
"Awwww thanks for the nomination, very much appreciated. Made a happy employee even happier." [Aspire West employee after receiving Employee of the Month, July 2019]
"....she hasn’t been involved in anything like this before, so it will maybe be taking her a bit of time to adjust. You have been amazing with her, I can’t thank you enough." [Social Worker for person being supported by Aspire on an Outreach Short Term Intervention package, July 2019].
"I have to say you are so efficient, very impressed! I got my welcome pack in the post today, wow” [Successful candidate interviewed 10th July 2019, contacted HR Administrator 11th July 2019]
"Happy with everything staff have done to help". "Very professional and polite." [Resident, April 2019]
Aspire are a valued placement provider for Scottish Drugs Forum’s award winning, Addiction Worker Training Project (AWTP). The AWTP supports people in recovery from drug and alcohol problems to work in social care through a unique package of paid work placements, specialist training and vocational learning.
"My placement at Aspire has been brilliant. The second I walked through the door I was made to feel very much a part of the team and have always been treated as a staff member and not a student. All the workers within Aspire have been very supportive and the additional training I have been given here has been very good. I highly recommend it as a placement." [AWTP Trainee, April 2019]
"Aspire provided me with a beneficial insight into homelessness and the various issues that affect our supported individuals. All of the staff were friendly and helpful towards me during my time at QMD and provided me with the opportunities to learn more about homelessness and achieve my Learning Objectives. My Link Worker, Maxine, was extremely helpful and always had time to explain things thoroughly. I couldn’t have asked for better Link Worker!" [Social Work Student, May 2019]
"Staff helped with everything I needed help with. I used Ipad for Scottish welfare fund." [Apr 2019]
"Staff were great, Friendly supportive. The building was secure and flat was good. No complaints." [Apr 2019]
"Really enjoyed today [Celtic Lunch]. Thanks to all the staff, it was really appreciated." [Apr 2019]
"The staff were above reproach, they were helpful. Staff made my stay safe and comfortable, they are always available even for the smallest of problems, they were also polite and attentive to all our needs."
"Staff do a great service for the people, very supportive towards myself and other individuals."
"Appreciated the work and support that staff do with the individuals at the service. Feel as though staff supply care and understanding, willing to take time out for a chat when feeling down. Not enough words to express my gratitude towards the staff."
"The staff were very helpful, considerate treating myself with kindness and a positive attitude which rubbed of on myself."
"The accommodation and facilities were excellent, it was the best temporary accommodation that I have ever stayed in."
“The support from Aspire staff has made me look at my life in a different way and helps me know I’m not the only one struggling with this lifestyle and that things do get better.”
"I feel that this establishment could not run any more successfully, than it already is, I really enjoyed my stay here at Aspire, I thought the staff were brilliant, the rooms excellent and spotless. Support and service was amazing. I would recommend."
"I became homeless April 2017. My very 1st time being homeless. I suffer from medical probs etc. and went into the homeless casework team and they wanted to put me in a hostel, but I said No, because I feared for my life in a hostel, so they put me in a B&B for the first night and there was nowhere to go. The following night I was sleeping in a caravan which was full of dampness and mould etc.
So I went back the following day and they said to me they had a room at Aspire.
I was panicking at the time as I was thinking it would be full of “junkies and alkies” that are out their face etc. But I got there and met staff. They were fantastic to me on the day. I met some of the residents that have been in here and it was not as I expected it to be. I get on great with the residents that have been in here and managed to make a few new friends which I get on well with but Aspire have been very supportive to me." 
"I was a volunteer in Aspire for nearly a year and I really enjoy it. I’ve built up great relationships with the staff team and the women I support. It has also been great for my personal growth in my own recovery. My life experience is my greatest asset today and I can use this experience to help other’s recover from similar life experiences. I feel supported in my role and feel very much a part of Aspire. I am so grateful for being given this opportunity in my life. I feel I have grown in confidence and belief that I really can make a difference to people who use services.
I have assisted in individuals going to recovery cafes, NA meetings, short term detox and actually just talking about life in recovery with people who would never have thought it was possible for them. As you can see, it is, and I’m living proof."
[Peer Support volunteer]
"I appreciate the things that the Aspire has done for me. I have learned a lot from all the other people that attend the Aspire peer recovery group. I have seen in the weeks how it has been helping people within the group. I don't know what people would do without this help, and I for one am very grateful for the support."
‘Family would like to thank the Aspire team for the ongoing support to their family member in transitioning to SDS care from locality support. This has allowed for a smooth transition and the supported person settling in to a new period in her life ’ [Family of supported person, Aspire West, June 2020]