SEND US AN EMAIL
Thank you for your interest in Aspire, for further information about Aspire and any of our service’s or vacancies or anything else, please complete the form below.
Aspire encourage feedback from people who have experienced our services. Feedback includes:
"... a massive thank you to Leeanne, who has been a rock to me throughout this year. I have called on her on numerous occassions with tears and snotters, and no matter how busy that woman has been, [she] has given up time to talk to me on the phone, always asking if there was anything she could do or Aspire to help me.
The best step I have taken through this difficult time, was returning to work and keeping busy. Her work is probably going unnoticed, but I for one found Leeanne a great big help through this journey, she really is the best, caring manager we have ever had.
I am a happy worker, knowing my manager is behind me with help at all times." [Support Worker, West Services, Oct 2023]
She is impressed with her new support worker who has been really good and did say things have improved throughout the service and the quality of support being provided. [Social Worker regarding feedback from an individual supported via the Aspire West (MBW) Service, July 2023]
West Services: "Mum loves the staff-they are great”. And,
"Care given is excellent and particularly the regular carer".
Central Services: "Aspire have been fantastic, I've been using social care providers for years and it’s the best experience I've had." And, "Some people think I need help with everything but Aspire understands me, what I can do they encourage me to do it. That's very important to me" [Feedback from Supported people and their families - West and Central Services, Q1/2 2023, part of CI Inspection]
"I'm glad that I hae workers that are so lovely, helpful and compassionate. Thank you, Maria is fab. "I think Charlene is a great worker and an even better coordinator. She always goes above and beyone. I would like to thank her. Elspeth is a nice worker. She's so lovely and a hard worker too." [Resident at Belleisle Service, July 2023]
What a wonderful surprise to receive a beautiful bouquet of flowers for my wife. I was truly touched by such a gesture and on behalf of my beloved I thank you very much for such thoughtfulness" [spouse of an individual recently no longer supported by Aspire, Jun 2023].
"The best training I have done for a job, really extensive and well done." [New employee, attending induction training, Jun 2023]
"Quotes about Support Hub staff and referring to [EC], HR Administration Manager:
Lovely group of people that work in [the] office [Support Hub] and are always there when we need them for any advice. Thanks Elaine [HR Admin Mgr] and all staff from your office for the help you have given me through the past year. I know S will be made to feel welcome.
Just felt you deserved a thank you you (HR Admin Mgr) always go out if your way to make new people feel welcome. [Current Employee, June 2023].
I just wanted to extend our heartfelt thank you for the care, love & respect you gave our aunt [M] since she came home from hospital.
The care you gave her was exemplary & made our lives so much easier knowing she was well cared for.
Please extend our sincere thanks to everyone at Aspire who looked after our aunt. [Family of supported individual Aspire West, April 2023]
We are so grateful for our carer[s], both of them are the BEST [Supported Individual Aspire West, April 2023]
I would like to commend L for the excellent work she does for R. Nothing is too much bother for her and she is very reliable and trustworthy". [Parent of a supported individual Aspire West, Apr 2023]
Before I leave service with Aspire I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to Sandra O'D and Stephanie S [Service Lead & Developers].
These two fine colleagues interviewed me for the role, and as an older worker I was particularly impressed by the manner in which they conducted themselves during the interview, and how they made me feel valued and respected throughout the process. As a service lead Stephanie has been excellent to work for, and I believe she has a bright future in management.
My decision to leave was not an easy one, but probably best while I am dealing with an ongoing family matter.
Thank you to everyone at Aspire - I wish you every success in your good work with the people you support. [Support Worker, April 2023]
The induction has been great! It's interactive, informative and awesome. All thanks to Cameron [L&D Manager] and your team [HR]! [JI, New Start attending Induction Training, Dec 2022]
I was out doing a review for H regarding her supports and to see if everything was going okay. H stated that Samantha [Outreach Service, Support Worker] is an absolute delight to work [with] and is so helpful and efficient and feels she could not have done any better and cannot thank you all enough for the support. Given where both M and H [supported individuals] were when I first implemented support, the change in both is significant. Helen's emotional and mental health has come considerably as has her confidence and motivation. I thought it was important to let you guys know that You as a company and Samantha as a support worker are doing a great job. Thank you. [CC-B, Social Worker Barrhead Locality Team]
Thank you for every bit of support you's have gave me. We had a bumpy road. I was a little pest but hey, I made you's smile. I wont forget and of yous. I'm sorry for he hard times. Im blessed for all our good times you's are the beez kneez - Brilliant! I wont go back to old ways, maybe now things will fall into place. Take care of each other and dont forget me. How could yous. I was here for long enough and its time to move on. Yous's taught me stuff that mountine tops couldnt. yous will always have a special place in my heart. [Individual supported at Aspire's Belleisle House, before moving on July 2022]
Oh thank you Hazel [HR Coordinator]. You are one very efficient co-ordinator! [New employee during onboarding, Apr 2022]
1. Feels more settled with one person in 24 hours. 2. Wouldn't like this pattern to change. 3. Can plan day/night activities whenever I feel like it. 4. No need to rush home for next support starting. 5.Really likes present team and wouldn't like it to change. 6. Knowing exactly who's in each day makes me feel more relaxed. 7. Feel confident and safe. 8. I am able to get supported to important appointments eg doctors hospitals. Before I had to rely on family members, but now I have great confidence and rely on a few members of the ream to support me to these appointments, my doctor knows the staff members and knows that I trust them, 9. I feel comfortable letting a few members of staff read important letters and let them help me deal with them. 10. My world has changed and I'm more active,love going out and about which I wouldn't have done before. 11. I know my teams cooking skills and I like certain staff cooking certain breakfast and dinners as some are better than others cooking certain food. 12. If I have a problem I know I can discuss them no matter how big or small with certain staff members. 13. I have built up great confidence and trust with my team and I feel a lot of this was getting the stability of 24 hours support. This I feel has been a great achievement for myself gaining a lot of independence with support from my team. 14. Through lock down I have been fortunate that with the support from my team, I feel my mental health has been good and the team have went above and beyond to look after me and make life run as smoothly as possible. 15. My goals for this year are..1. To go see a show (Jersey Boys), 2. To have an overnight away with staff, 3. Get out and about more, 4. Do more art activities, 5. Plant some plants in my garden with support from staff. [How an Aspire supported individual feels since her support has changed from 3/4 people supporting her daily to one to one in 24 hours. And staff feel good too, Mar 2022]
I just wanted to send a message to say thank you for your support and encouragement over the last 15 months. Working for Aspire has been a privilege and I admire this organisation greatly!
Whilst the care sector has its challenges, as a person that lives in the community you work in, it’s comforting to know there is organisations like Aspire who truly care and strive to provide such an important and high standard of service.
Seeing so many females in management has filled me with ambition I had lost but have since regained and I have no doubt Aspire will have an exciting and successful future.
Thank you so much again and I’ll be sure to keep in touch with the team. [Employee N, moving on from Aspire, Feb 2022]
I just want to thank you for Taylor [*] during the day Tuesday and Wednesday and Jean [*] for Tuesday night and Wednesday night they were both brilliant made it so much easier for me when I had my [hospital procedure]
Thank you again [Supported Person, FM, Feb 2022] [*Aspire Central Support Workers]
I would just like to pass on that when I was at moving and handling training today the trainer spoke very, very highly of Aspire. I would just like to thank everyone at Aspire for such a lovely welcome. I've only been on the team 2 weeks, and I feel part of the Aspire Team. The training and support have been fantastic. Agnes [Central Coordinator] has been at the end of a phone. All the support workers I've met are 100% dedicated and are amazing. The clients and their families have been very welcoming too. [New employee JH, Jan 2022]
'OT [Supported Person] has a great bond/relationship developing with Fiona and Megan [Aspire Central Support Workers] which is endearing. [verbal compliment from Supported Persons mum, Jan 2022]
'Her [Supported Individual] family spoke with me yesterday and noted that they have developed a very positive working relationship with Megan [Aspire Central Support Worker] and feel that she brings the right attitude, values and energy to support with O [Supported Person].
Having briefly met Megan in December whilst visiting Olivia and family I was also impressed with her enthusiasm towards support
I know it’s a challenging time to deliver social care just now so hopefully this positive feedback will be helpful. [Social Worker, Barrhead Locality Team, East Renfrewshire Health and Social Care Partnership, Jan 2022]
'"Hello Agnes, Taylor [Maxwell] is a delightful young girl, thank you for sending her to me." [Email from Supported Individual to Agnes Urie, Coordinator, regarding Aspire Central Support Worker, Nov 2021]
Thank you sent to John Hamilton, Coordinator at Aspire's Copland Hotel Service 'Just a wee thank you for all the support you and your team are giving to the client’s currently in the Copland . The support you all offer to the clients is invaluable whilst also whilst working with our most complex clients. [Nov 2021]
Thanks again you were brilliant (actually said that in my interview too). [From candidate to Nicola Penman, Administration Support (HR), Nov 2021].
Excellent work this week supporting MR to move from Copland to TFF which went a lot more smoothly due to your support. Thanks again [JC, Complex Needs Social Care Worker (Homelessness), North East Community Homeless Team, Glasgow City HSCP, Nov 2021]
Having appeared in court with a supported person the judge seemed very impressed with Aspire, and our staff member was happy to hear the judge saying twice "what an excellent organisation Aspire is" and appearing to count it strongly in favour of the supported person that he is working with us. [Sept 21]
Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience and end of induction training, Aug 2021:
· My experience was good with Martin and Helen [Team Leader & Coordinator}, they were very friendly and helpful.
· I found the recruitment process very informative and easy to follow.
· The interview was nice and relaxed in QMD. The application pack was good to work on. Staff are friendly, informative and helpful.
· I have found the recruitment experience excellent so far. From early days I had great communication from Nicola and Hazel [Recruitment & HR]. It was actually something that I brought up at my interview, small gestures like text on morning of interview to wish me good luck. It made me feel relaxed and looked forward to meeting the management interviewing me.. Since my phone call to be offered the post, the paperwork was all sent out promptly and training arranged without a flaw. Training was excellent too very informative but also feel supported although not in training building and working through it at home.
· My experience has been fantastic and I have received great advice and help from the management that I've been in contact with.
· My experience so far has been great everyone I’ve spoken with has explained things clearly which makes it must easier especially when none of it is done face to face.
Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience and end of induction training, Jul 2021:
· My recruitment experience so far has been very positive. From the initial contact with HR, my interview and the induction training, all staff have been helpful, friendly and informative. Communication with me by email and phone has been quick, transparent and organised.
· My recruitment has been beneficial and a good experience informative and I felt comfortable and at ease.
· I have found the recruitment process very informative, interesting and provided much detail about the different roles that aspire cover.
Thank you for sharing this [Pets and Housing project published report] across the Alliance...., I truly hope that will carry on the pet friendly work, it would be amazing to see the pet friendly provision in Glasgow continue to build.
Thanks to you and Laura for your enthusiasm in developing pet-friendly provision. Dogs Trust will always be there to support Aspire in your future work. [Dogs Trust, Sept 2021]
Feedback following the closure of the Travelodge, Paisley Road West, Aug 2021:
· It’s sad to see everyone leaving. It’s been really great working along with your team. They’ve been all brilliant, so good at their job supporting all the residents. It really was an interesting experience in the last 13 months. I would do it all over again. Myself and my team will miss you all! [Manager, Travelodge]
· It would not have worked if it wasn’t for you and your amazing staff. So thank you and look forward to our new chapter.
· I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all involved in making this work and work well. A test of change and that I think we can all be very proud of. Knowing that services users needs were being met 24/7 was very reassuring particularly during a pandemic.
· To have all our service users going to positive outcomes, which has not been without its challenges but again with great partnership working we made it happen. So again thank you all so much and take care. [Team Leader Temporary Accommodation Homelessness Services]
· What a crazy journey it's been over the past 13 months. I think when history looks back to how we spent the pandemic the amazing work this charity, the council and our own hotel team has done for Glasgow's most vulnerable people we should all be proud. Thank you and take care. [District Manager, Travelodge - West Scotland and Edinburgh]
· It has been a pleasure working alongside you and your team the past few months. The person centred approach and can-do attitude that you and your team have shown has been very refreshing and has made my job in allocations that little bit easier.
Thanks again and look forward to working with you in the future. [Service Co-ordinator Allocations & Placement Management]
· Thank you Laura, Elaine [Farrell, Team Leader] and the team for your stamina and unfaltering commitment to both the project and the people. [Senior Officer, Service Planning and Commissioning Vulnerable Child and Adult Services Team, Glasgow City HSCP]
· Please pass on our gratitude from the HSCP to Elaine and the whole staff team who we know have successfully and sensitively supported many people during the lifetime of the service and under many challenging circumstances. All their efforts have been very much appreciated and we look forward to working with you all within the next challenge at the Copland Hotel. [Principal Officer Commissioning, Vulnerable Child and Adult Services Team, Glasgow City HSCP]
· It is difficult to understate the incredible work that went on during the pandemic to support some of our City’s most vulnerable people. It genuinely is truly remarkable how everyone came together to provide such an incredibly nurturing service for some of our most vulnerable yet challenging services users at the Travelodge Paisley Road. It would not have been possible without the flexibility, creativity and resilience of everyone involved. [Assistant RRTP Manager]
· Hope all has gone smoothly today with the transition out of the Travelodge. Your team have done an incredible job there and have made an impact on so many guests lives. It just shows what can happen when you put a team like yourselves in one of the hotels! [Manager, Glasgow City Mission Aug 2021]
I would like to thank you and the Support Hub and let you know how much I have enjoyed working with you. I hope to be able work with all of you again sometime. [Leaving employee Aug 2021]
Aspire must be very proud to have such dedicated and caring staff. It is very humbling. [Senior Manager in Homelessness Services Aug 2021]
I just would like to thank you for your help and support so far in my new role. You have been approachable and positive and have made my settling into the role easier. I am enjoying the role, and think this is the job for me. [Employee to line manager (Service Coordinator, AH, Outreach Service) after a transfer to new role and Aspire Service Jul 2021]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Jun 2021:
· I think the recruitment experience was very good and informative for a new potential employee to have.
· My own experience so far has been positive. Any questions I have had have been answered and been kept up to date on all stages of moving forward to complete my recruitment easily.
· This has been a very different style of training and induction. I have found it good to be able to do the question in my own time and it has let me study the question and texts. I do hope going forward some physical classroom time will be possible.
· It has been very pleasing and welcoming.
· My first impression of the team at Aspire is “friendly and supportive.” I am excited to start this journey and feel like it will be a really rewarding job. Very efficient experience so far!
· It has been great so far, everyone I have spoken with has been lovely and explained everything that I needed to know. I have been kept up to date with the process of what is happening.
· I had a good one, my interview was very explanatory, to my understanding.
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, May 2021:
· I think the slides and presentation from Ruth McIntyre made the organisation appear much more accessible and human. The passion with which she spoke and the insight in to the ownership structure and values of the organisation were galvanising as they aligned with my own values. There were no great surprises considering the positive impressions Aspire have made on me and the values that the organisation has, however the overall message stands out positively from all previous onboarding experience I have had in the past.
· Very positive. Cameron is clearly an excellent trainer and the resources available are clear and well structured. The training diary is a very useful resource which enables me to meet the expectations of the organisation and provides a clear structure which helps me to organise my activity.
· The recruitment experience has been good so far. I was both interviewed and offered the role by Laura and her friendliness and helpfulness is what helped me make the decision to choose Aspire over another offer. My introduction call with Cameron was good too, really friendly and helpful. Working with really nice people and a welcoming environment is important to me and so far that is what I have received.
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Apr 2021:
· The recruitment experience has been fast and informative so far.
· So far, I have enjoyed the recruitment process. I have felt well informed and in contact with those that I need to be. Everyone has been able to respond to me within a day of any enquiries and I have appreciated the feedback in an easy to understand manner. I have been pleasantly surprised by the swift access to training at such an early stage of recruitment considering the way everyone has adapted over the last year.
· recruitment has been great and very helpful on any questions i have also very professional.
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Mar 2021:
· I found it straight forward but a bit strange doing it online as that was personally quite new to me.
· The recruitment process has been pretty smooth (all minor issues concerning) and the introduction package has been informative but not overwhelming.
· So far the recruitment process has been clear, straightforward and comprehensive, with colleagues doing everything they can to make the transition as smooth as possible. Covid has made things more complicated at the moment, and I was surprised by how seamless the experience has been so far and how well Aspire has adapted to new challenges.
· Would like to thank the staff team Cumbernauld in particular Jane, Julia and Victoria. Mum supported person always looks forward to the team coming in and they make an impact on her day. The staff always go above and beyond doing what they can around the house and keep communication open between me and the care needs of mum. I have full confidence in the team and feel settled knowing mum receives second to none care. [Feedback from the daughter of supported person].
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Feb 2021:
· Positive experience and everything well explained
· The online zoom Meet and Greet session with Cammei was a great way of being introduced to the company properly, it was very informative and I’m looking forward to the training etc.
· I’ve always been given the offer of support at each stage and although I’ve not needed it, it’s good to know that it’s there.
· I know times are a bit strange for everyone, this particular process has been very different to any other I’ve experienced - being interviewed through a Whatsapp video call is certainly something I never thought I would do, yet, it took away some of the usual interview pressure.
· Recruitment experience has been good in spite of covid restriction.
· My recruitment so far has been great. Everything has run as smoothly as it could during a pandemic.
We would never have gotten through these difficult months without you and your amazing team! [Local Manager to the HR Admin Manager, Dec 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Nov 2020:
· My overall experience so far with Aspire as been great – the staff have been extremely welcoming and this made me want the job role even more. I’m finding it hard to make any bad comments about aspire as my experience so far has been enjoyable.
· I have enjoyed the recruitment process so far the staff that I have had the opportunity to be in contact with have been amazing and incredibly patient and helpful. Hazel [HR Administrator] helped me chase up my second reference which then got submitted that same night. I am always kept updated with the progress of my application.
· The recruitment process has been fairly easy going so far, it has been much smoother and far less stressful than previous jobs I have worked in and I greatly appreciate the work that's gone in to make the process this easy.
· My recruitment has been very good i was contacted via telephone by Amy who was lovely to invite me to attend an interview the links were sent via email straight away. The interview took place in time via whatsApp and I was called the same day to offer me the position. I was then sent all the paperwork within a couple of days. Everything was very straight forward. Gael, Connor and Amy have kept in regular contact to give me progress updates and all the induction in quite lengthy i feel it promotes a good high quality for taking your position forward within the company.
· It has been good. I liked that the interview was able to be done via WhatsApp. The questions were formal though the interview had a casual feel to it, enabling me to relax and be myself in the interview.
· I have been contacting Connor in HR sorting out paperwork and it's been simple enough to do with a little help and guidance if needed along the way.
· My initial experience has so far been positive. Contact with HR has been very helpful as was the initial induction with Cammei. Well presented and definitely made me fell comfortable throughout.
· HR [Hazel] has kept me informed of the process and how my references and SSSC application has been coming along. I have asked Hazel several questions which she has been more than helpful with...nothing was an issue for her.
· This [induction] left me in no doubt that this company is willing to invest in me. A great and lasting first impression, even if it did take more effort, it was worth it, and Cammei [L&D Facilitator] was there to keep you wanting to work at it and do better.
Laura [Regional Manager], I would like to take a moment to thank all the Aspire staff. The learning I have learned from staff that have worked in the organisation for years has been amazing. Lynn has been amazing with myself and I have learned so much from her and John and many more. I also want to thank all the management team during this pandemic, the support myself and the team have had has been great. Even with my situation you guys were doing everything you could to support and help, I will be forever thankful for that. I couldn’t generally be working for a better organisation than Aspire, the company is close to my heart so thanks for everything. Sometimes we have to realise where we are and how people rally round to help one another. And also my dream was a success, to work for you guys, I love my job. [Feedback from regional manager, Nov 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Oct 2020:
· I give Aspire a 5 for investing in me and giving me a dedicated teacher to train me and help me feel like a part of the company. Someone, I can, and have, reached, when I needed help or advice. I have a name and I am not a number. This company is not just Lip Service.
· This [induction] course has been informative and the videos have generally been engaging. Classroom and social interactions such as group discussions are valuable but other than this being missing, it has been good to work through the course at my own pace and at my leisure.
· I had some problems as had not used google classroom before and not used to working with computer programmes but it was a learning process.
· I couldn't fault any of it, Cammei [L&D Facilitator] was so helpful and full of knowledge that put me at ease always whilst on zoom.
· Face to face training would've been great but feel that I gained so much from Cammei [L&D Facilitator] and looking forward to more training.
· I have been very impressed with the training with Cameron, [L&D Facilitator], and i have to admit I have worked with several companies and I can honestly say even though online this has been the best and most in depth training I have had for a core induction.
· Good experience so far, Cammei is most helpful, slides are clear and concise.
· So far my experience with Aspire has been super easy and everybody seems so lovely! I had my interview on Thursday, was offered the job straight away then the next day was sent over all the relevant application packs and paper work that needed done. Today’s induction was pretty smooth sailing as well, I’ve never used zoom before but was nice to put faces to the name as well.
· So far Cameron who conducted the zoom chat, and Hazel whom I have been in correspondence with over email have both been incredibly informative, friendly and welcoming and have made my introduction into the company a pleasant experience. They couldn't have been more helpful and kind and I look forward to getting to know them both more on my journey into becoming a support worker.
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Sept 2020:
· In the initial stages of the recruitment process I have been in contact mainly with Hazel, who has been very friendly and responsive. I also had a positive experience interviewing with Martin. In terms of completing documents and the necessary paperwork, Hazel made the process clear and simple. My Zoom introduction with Cammei was very welcoming as he October helped us get to know a bit about each other which I think put us all at ease. The training was very informative and he explained our next steps very clearly. It was also motivating as he highlighted Aspire’s fantastic achievements as well as their important key values.
· My thoughts on the Aspire induction. I have had the privilege to work with Hazel and Cameron thus far and, my immediate thoughts are very positive. Both Hazel and Cameron have shown a genuine interest in me personally and have displayed a very professional approach to their work. They have both been patient and kind while attending to my business in an efficient manner. The heart of any organisation are it’s people and Hazel and Cameron represent Aspire in a great light. They seem to be people I could work well with and I look forward to being a part of the team. The induction material was informative and pithy. I found it interesting and precise and I look forward to the training program with enthusiasm.
· I personally have felt very welcomed in joining Aspire, every phone call I have had has been friendly, helpful and made me feel at ease, everyone i have spoken to has been professional understanding and made me feel eager to join the team i am very happy and excited to start with Aspire.
Just a quick message to let you know how much I value Cammei [Cameron Gilchrist, Aspire L&D Facilitator] support. I'm due to do zoom training next week and was very apprehensive about it as I'm not to good on computers. Cammei set up a trial run this morning and has settled my nerves as he explained everything so clearly. I just feel everyone is quick enough with the negatives, I feel it's only right to give praise where it's due. Thanks [Teresa , Support Worker, Sept 2020]. -
I, and all of us at Ypeople, would like to share our warmest thanks and gratitude to the Aspire, Help the Homeless Glasgow, and Maryhill Extra Community teams. The support you have given our young people and staff in Branston Court over the past few months of lockdown has been incredible, and the positive effects have been felt by everyone in our organisation.
As you will know, helping to support young people through difficult times can have a significant impact on their future. Offering them a kind and empathetic network of support can be what changes someone’s life for the better. The home cooked meals you provided, offered much more than nutrition – they offered comfort and kindness to our young people and it is a gesture that I’ve no doubt will have a positive impact in their lives going forward. The feedback we received from them is testament to that. If you would like to learn more about the work we do across Scotland, or you are interested in collaborating on future projects, please do get in touch with us. Your support has meant a great deal to all our staff and young people, and we thank you sincerely for it. [CEO Ypeople, Aug 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Aug 2020:
· Amazing. Extremely straightforward and quick. My interview was on Friday morning and by Friday afternoon I had been told I was successful, then by Monday I already had all the documents I needed to start my training. My point of contact has been Connor Stevens who has been extremely helpful and quick in replying. And Cameron Gilchrist who has helped me begin my training journey.
· I have received information from Connor Steven and Cameron which has been helpful, they both respond fast too when I was having issues logging into the training and with paperwork. I haven’t spoken to my line manager currently but I have no issues with my recruitment experience.
· My recruitment process has been very relaxed and very informative.
Lovely speaking to you too! Thanks for your chat and for the application. I’m starting to feel things are turning around. [Comment to HR Administrator (HMcC) from applicant]
· My experience has been extremely positive and uplifting. Everything has been communicated clearly and I have been welcomed into the company with open arms. Hazel (my HR contact) has been friendly, supportive and welcoming which has given me a positive impression of the company, and confidence in myself that I can flourish here. The recruitment process, from the point of sending my application to receiving the job offer and subsequent training/forms to complete has been very quick, clear and efficient. It has proved that this organisation cares about staff, the people they support and the commitment to the service.
· For someone like myself who has never had to do an induction like this i must say everything is so well put together and easy to understand . once you figure it out it is quite simple , although at first i was a bit overwhelmed but that is on my part as i haven't done much work on laptops apart from cvs etc.
‘Just been along to the Travelodge, all staff and supported individuals settling in well, 17 individuals booked in this week, one individual arriving this afternoon. Nicola at the accommodation team is looking to fill the rest of the rooms over the weekend taking the totally to 25. Staff embracing the challenge of the service having to think outside the box. I met with Anna one of the mangers at the Travelodge she is really happy with the staff and said the communications has been excellent and they are all working well together in unusual circumstance for both teams.’ [Team leader Accom Services].
Very quick and fast tracked to get started. [Newly appointed employees discussing their recruitment experience [new start in recruitment process, Jul 2020]
‘I called David to ask how things were going. David said he was over the moon with everything. David said all of his team are a credit to Aspire and he is so happy with every single one of them. David’s friends and family said they have noticed a huge difference in him and says he has the twinkle in his eye is back. David said everything has been great and he is so happy.’ [Supported Person, Jun 2020]
"supported persons family would like to thank the fast thinking actions of a staff member in response to medical emergency. These actions resulted in the supported gentleman’s life being saved." [Family of supported person, Jun 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Jul 2020:
· My recruitment has been good, I like that it was fast and the people I have been involved with so far have been very helpful.
· The recruitment process was very straightforward, given that we are living in unprecedented times at the moment with the Covid 19 Pandemic! I’ve never interviewed before via video call but Sarah made the whole experience very relaxed and informal, more of a chat than a formal interview. I felt very comfortable with her and she provided lots of information about Aspire and what they are like to work for. Sarah provided information regarding the full recruitment process and advised me of the steps to take next and what would happen from that point onwards.
· The whole recruitment experience for me so far has been great. This was the first interview In nearly 5 years so I was nervous but both Anne and Tracey were so welcoming and put me at ease. The google classroom is easy to navigate and the materials are informative and well set out and enjoyable to read.
"Family would like to thank the Aspire team for the ongoing support to their family member in transitioning to SDS care from locality support. This has allowed for a smooth transition and the supported person settling in to a new period in her life" [Family of supported person, Jun 2020]
“I have used Aspire for a number of clients when I worked in Receiving Services and now in the area team, and they are a wonderful service. I have actually used them 3 times during lockdown to commence new services (under STI at present) with vulnerable adults on my case load. In my role as a social worker in NW Glasgow, formulating care plans for vulnerable adults that have been referred under Adult Support and Protection legislation, Aspire have been a highly reliable and truly inspiring service provider. They are reactive and responsive to emergency situations, carrying out assessment visits and commencing services quickly. They have supported vulnerable adults to make literally life-saving changes, addressing underlying causes that have been supressed for years for the situation people have found themselves in. This along with attending to practical tasks and social support, delivered sensitively and tailored to each individual, by either staffing one to one, group or supporting clients to access other local resources, has given people real hope for the future”.
“I have only good things to say about Aspire. The area manager Laura Wright is fantastic. She responds immediately to any requests for support often at very short notice for example under an STI. She has a great overview of all of her services and seems to know her staff individually as well as a very good knowledge of clients and what is happening for them. Aspire have provided an excellent service to several of my clients in recent months, often under challenging circumstances related to the individual client’s circumstances. I have mostly used the service out of Garscube Road but also in the Southside. Staff are very professional, well informed, responsive, attentive and caring and I have received weekly updates from the team leader during CV. I feel they go above and beyond to help and are so adaptable (even supporting one of my client’s to move from supported accommodation to her own flat during the CV crisis). I cannot recommend their service enough”. [Adult Services (MH Commissioning Team]
SM has asked that it is noted that Lynda is a great carer and has been brilliant with her this morning. S happy to have Lynda involved in her support ongoing. This was Lynda’s first lone working shift with S. [Supported Individual, Jun 2020]
"I haven’t been more settled in home care with any company until Aspire so thank you" [Feedback from Support Worker (Aspire Central]
“During the review Mr and Mrs M were singing your praises , they feel their son’s service is in safe hands and that you always go above and beyond for the whole family” [Cumbernauld Social Worker, Jun 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Jun 2020:
· "My experience has been extremely positive and uplifting. Everything has been communicated clearly and I have been welcomed into the company with open arms. Hazel (my HR contact) has been friendly, supportive and welcoming which has given me a positive impression of the company, and confidence in myself that I can flourish here. The recruitment process, from the point of sending my application to receiving the job offer and subsequent training/forms to complete has been very quick, clear and efficient. It has proved that this organisation cares about staff, the people they support and the commitment to the service."
· It has been excellent so far. I feel I’ve been given what I need to know about the company and it’s values without being overloaded with information. Some slides could perhaps stand out visually a bit more as some are quite plain to the eye but this is only a minor nitpick.
· With the ongoing situation created by Covid19 my assimilation to Support staff member will be a unique experience. Everyone has been great and always there for support.
‘Family would like to thank the Aspire team for the ongoing support to their family member in transitioning to SDS care from locality support. This has allowed for a smooth transition and the supported person settling in to a new period in her life ’ [Family of supported person (Aspire West), Jun 2020]
Thank you so much for all your help – I cannot explain how much I appreciate this. [Bellshill Social Work, May 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, May 2020:
· The recruitment experience has been very positive and informative, the H.R department were very efficient and helpful with the whole on line process.
· My recruitment journey so far has been not so straight forward due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Which meant I had to have a phone call interview and all my documents had to be sent over and filled out over the computer. However despite this the context of the documents were straight forward and whenever I had any questions or if I was in need of some help I felt comfortable enough to email and ask.
I’m so happy at the quick response and help that I could cry” [Supported Individual’s Daughter, May 2020]
To John, Aspire Lead Recovery Facilitator, re donation of Tesco food during COVID-19 Pandemic -
"Can we express our gratitude on behalf of our Service Users here at Rodney Street Assessment Centre on your kind donation of foodstuffs. Rodney Street Assessment Centre accommodate some of the most vulnerable homeless Service Users in Glasgow and are delighted and humbled by your kindness. Can you pass our thanks on to Amanda (Tesco Maryhill), Helen and Anton (Help the Homeless)." [Feedback from Service Centre Manager (Rodney Street Assessment Centre, Apr 2020]
"Trust me it’s me who is appreciating all the support you and all the staff are providing!" [Senior Officer(Homelessness Commissioning, Vulnerable Child and Adult Services Team, Apr 2020]
"You should be very proud of your front-line staff: They are doing a remarkable job and have been extremely helpful in a “that’s what we’re here for” way. Nothing is a bother (even if it really is!) and that’s so helpful in these unprecedented times." [Senior Commissioner(Homeless Services, Apr 2020]
I would like to say thank you to Aspire for the time I have spent with your organisation. I’ve meet some fantastic people and the staff are an absolute credit to you. Every member of staff goes above and beyond their duties. They areMy recruitment journey so far has been not so straight forward due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. Which meant I had to have a phone call interview and all my documents had to be sent over and filled out over the computer. However despite this the context of the documents were straight forward and whenever I had any questions or if I was in need of some help I felt comfortable enough to email and ask. N.b Users keep control of their work and all other work has been deleted by the staff on their end. amazing, it was great to see and be part of the fantastic teamwork that goes on within Aspire’s services. [Sessional Worker, Apr 2020]
SM said Margaret Ann took her outside the complex this morning in wheelchair. This is the first SM has felt able to go out and do this in a year!!!! She is so pleased she felt able to do this and aims to do it more regularly if her arthritis isn’t as bad. They weren’t out that long because she started to have a BM but its a start. Again SM praised Margaret Ann and said she deserves a medal for her hard work. [Supported Individual, Apr 2020]
"Elaine [HR Administration Manager] was great, friendly and she gave me lots of information about the role, described it clearly which was really good." [Feedback following interview, Apr 2020]
"Thanks for your note and fantastic support and care for Y. These times are tough for us all however especially those who are on their own and need amazing people like your team to help. Thank you so much for your continued support and care." [Family member of supported person, Apr 2020]
During a 'check-in' conversation compliments from a previous email were reiterated regarding praise for Aspire, and more specifically Frank and Sarah of the West Lothian Service. The family commented that M is being very well looked after, and they are staying away without concern as they know he is fine under the care of staff." Two direct comments:
“I can see that your staff are doing everything possible to keep themselves and your clients safe.”
“Both Frank and Sarah [Support Workers] are doing a grand job at looking after M.” [Feedback from Stepfather of Supported Individual, Apr 2020]
"Just want to say a big thank you for arranging transport for us all and ensuring we are getting to work safely. Times like this makes you appreciate the small gestures." [Employee to Managers, Apr 2020]
"I must say – I’m really really surprised it went down so well and can only think that Amber’s bubbly personality has been really helpful in aiding this. I’m sure you’re already more than aware but she really is an asset to your team. Thank you and please extend my thanks to Amber too for both of your assistance. [Social Worker, Apr 2020]
"I would just like to say, I think yourself and the coordinators should get employees of the month for holding everything together for US, and for keeping us all updated with all the changes that have and are happening daily. I personally would like to give you all a pat on the back and I would hope your hard work will be recognised with the hierarchy. Well done team ASPIRE." [Employee, Apr 2020]
I just wanted to say how much of a pleasure it has been to work with Andy McGibbon [Aspire Support Worker] over the past few shifts. He has a great set of skills and the way he has handled the more challenging situations with the residents has been on point, professional and confident. [Aspire Training Facilitator].
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Mar 2020:
· My experience has been extremely positive. The girls who interviewed me were excellent and Hazel has been great, keeping me up to speed with all that I need to know.
· Recruitment has been great from interview to acceptance however due to covid 19 it has been quite scary if I'm 100% honest; being sent out to shadow without any training was also scary since I come from a retail and restaurant background and did not know anything at that point.
· The recruitment experience has been overall very helpful and very informative, very good communication from the organisation to date.
"Margaret Ann has been an absolute diamond and nothing is a bother for her." When attending to the supported persons' personal care Margaret Ann ensured the individual was not embarrassed and she took it all in her stride! [supported people, Mar 2020]
"Margaret Ann deserves a medal for all her hard work." The supported person went on to say that she doesn’t know what she would do without her. [Supported Individuals, Mar 2020]
During a telephone conversation with the step father of a supported individual MF, he expressed his thanks for, and praised the work of, our staff member Frank O’Donnell, [within our Central Service]. He advised that Frank has built a wonderful relationship with both MF, and his parents, how supportive he is of MF and how much MF looks forward to seeing Frank each day. He also stated regarding Frank... “we must never lose him, as he is an asset to the company” [Family member of supported person, Mar 2020]
What a beautiful and kindly worded email. Thank you. Warm wishes." [new start in recruitment process, Mar 2020]
"I can't tell you how amazing all of this is. Usually in these types of campaigns when we need the client to provide bits and pieces it all comes in dribs and drabs. Every single thing we could possibly need is attached here. I shall get all of this processed and keep you posted along the way. Thank you. [Account Manager of Local Radio Station, Feb 2020]
"I was feeling so down and didn’t know anything when I first became homeless and came to the service. The staff in the service where so lovely and supported me in everyway. They supported me well and I felt at home in the service. I didn’t want to leave even though I had been given my own tenancy.
Even when I moved to my own house the staff continued to support me. They helped me with household items while I waited on my welfare fund coming through. This helped me settle into my new home and I cannot thank staff and Helen enough for this. I know that if I need them I can call or come by the service and I will always feel welcome." [Ex-occupant of Queen Margaret Drive, Feb 2020]
"In my role as a social worker in NW Glasgow, formulating care plans for vulnerable adults that have been referred under Adult Support and Protection legislation, Aspire have been a highly reliable and truly inspiring service provider. They are reactive and responsive to emergency situations, carrying out assessment visits and commencing services quickly. They have supported vulnerable adults to make literally life-saving changes, addressing underlying causes that have been supressed for years for the situation people have found themselves in. This along with attending to practical tasks and social support, delivered sensitively and tailored to each individual, by either staffing one to one, group or supporting clients to access other local resources, has given people real hope for the future. [Social Worker, Feb 2020]
"I have used Aspire social care provision for a number of my client’s and I have been impressed by their responsiveness in terms of timescales and also effective communication.
I have seen the way the support workers and managers interact and engage with their service users. They are able to adapt were necessary their interactions and care plans. They are flexible when required and have a caring and supportive approach.
I also had the pleasure of seeing first had on Christmas day the effort they put into to provide a 3 course Christmas meal to Service Users (SU) at their base but also for the SU that could not get there they took the hot meals to them. I also understand the same thing happened on another poignant t day for SU (New Year’s Day). I have been impressed by the caring approach by all staff members and lots of local connections and established relationships and have successfully fund raised which benefits the SU as it can open up opportunities within the community. They are SU focussed and I would not hesitate to refer to their service again (and again).
I also had the pleasure of seeing first had on Christmas day the effort they put into to provide a 3 course Christmas meal to Service Users (SU) at their base but also for the SU that could not get there they took the hot meals to them. I also understand the same thing happened on another poignant t day for SU (New Year’s Day). I have been impressed by the caring approach by all staff members and lots of local connections and established relationships and have successfully fund raised which benefits the SU as it can open up opportunities within the community. They are SU focussed and I would not hesitate to refer to their service again (and again)." [Social Worker (North West CMHT), Feb 2020].
"I have recently been involved in working alongside the organisation Aspire and in particular, one of their Resettlement and /Outreach Service.
This was a very sensitive piece of work, that it involved the closure programme of one of their longstanding resettlement units and the relocation of a number of Service Users. I found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable about the needs of their service users and would have to comment, that overall that their care planning is definitely ‘person centred’. They were very receptive to the obvious level of anxiety and frustrations that the Service Users were experiencing and they dealt with that in a reassuring and sympathetic manner. The whole team were is a very stressful situation, attempting to balance the needs of their service users alongside the uncertainty of their own situation. I found that the manager was always extremely very well informed and that again was very receptive to the fluidity of the closure and never wavered in her professionalism. The external managers of the organisation, made themselves available and were involved in the devolvement of information, to not only their own staff team but more importantly to the service user group and the other agencies involved. Overall a very positive experience and a very professional organisation". [Qualified worker, Glasgow City Council, Feb 2020]
Excellent testimonial from Colleen. You can read her story within our News page. [Supported individual, Feb 2020]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Feb 2020:
· “Really good at keeping me up-to date, you are really friendly and efficient”;
· “The overall process has been really easy and you have let me know where I am each step of the way”
· “I agree, Hazel was really friendly too and has kept me up-to date at all times” - Various feedbacks from new starts in recruitment process.
Amber [Aspire Support Worker] is doing an excellent job supporting J and I am very happy with the standard of work she and your colleagues provide, in often challenging circumstances." [Social Work regarding Aspire's support of an individual within the ARBI Service, Jan 2020].
You [Kirsty, Aspire Central Coordinator] are certainly living up to your reputation as being super efficient. [Husband of supported individual, Jan 2020]
"Had a proper read at notes and what hits me is the positivity and awareness of promoting J’s skill. Fab delighted." [Parent of supported individual, Jan 2020]
May I say your carers [Aspire Central, Intensive Services] are amazing!" [Rehabilitation Nurse(Eastwood Health and Care Centre)., Dec 2019]
SM contacted On Call phone to say thank you to myself [Kirsty, Coordinator] and anyone else in the department for looking out for her. She also praised the Support Workers and said she wouldn’t change them for the world. [Supported Person, Dec 2019]
"G was admitted safely to Mearns House yesterday. This was a smooth transition and we are privileged to be in a position to be part of the support mechanism for G and his family. All staff members from aspire were fantastic, and I would like to say a special thank you to Sally, Maxine and Alexis for how professional, compassionate and supportive you all were in this process, not only to G and his loved ones, but to the staff at Mearns House and we look forward to continue to work in partnership." [Mearns House Manager, Dec 2019]
"Thanks Kirsty, I really appreciate the support yourself and staff are giving to Carol and the degree of flexibility which is being explored to ensure her support package works for her. [Social Worker regarding Aspire's supporting of an individual within the Aspire ARBI Service, Nov 2019]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Nov 2019:
· "Robyn was so fast at replying to me, I would send her an email and she’d already reply within a couple of minutes. She was really nice on the phone. She even replied to me sometimes when she had an out of office on. I was reminded of everything I had to go to. My interview was so great too, I felt like I actually knew them while I was there."
· "I was kept up to date with everything, because I’m not from around here (Tracy is from Ireland) I didn’t know where to go but the directions Robyn gave me were clear, really good communication from her. She also walked me to the door after my interview which I thought was nice, I liked that personal touch."
· "I really have no faults at all. I was kept up to date with everything, every email Hazel said I would get I received on time, Hazel’s communication was great. I liked that the contract and everything I had to sign was in one piece instead of receiving forms to sing in dribs and drabs. Kirsty was really nice to speak to in my interview too, very pleasant and friendly. Again really I have no faults at all to say."
“Just to let you know that both guys who are on the DIY Trade School Tiling course are doing very well. They are both showing a great attitude and interest on the course and doing very well” owner of a tiling business who offered a free certificated tiling course to homeless people, Oct 2019]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Oct 2019:
· "Absolutely no complaints, me and Chris were talking about this, this morning actually we’ve been emailed every day. Always replied to promptly, smashing.”
· “I had a brilliant interview, it was so nice and casual felt at home. The only thing is that the contract pack is a bit hefty, if it was digital it would be better."
· “I just want so say it’s totally changed in here (Aspire) from what I have seen already. The difference is amazing from when I was last here (2011-2015) it’s like night and day. It’s so much better already and that’s just through your communication so far, the emails and phone calls. One of the reasons I wanted to come back was the individuals but this has made me want to come back here even more now, I’m excited.”
· "I am in housing, I don’t know if it’s the same for these guys but I loved my pre-interview where we got to come into the service and speak to everyone and get to know about housing and QMD. It wasn’t too formal and eased me in as I am new to social care but really want a career in this line. I got a chance to speak to a lot of people. Again communication was great too."
"The council has now set me up at Aspire, it’s brilliant. Whatever is going on for me, I can go in and talk. The staff just want the best for me – staff go above and beyond. My life has turned around massively. This is one of the good places." [Extract of interview (Evening Times) with Angela Keen a recovering drug addict, Oct 2019]
"I really just wanted to convey a very big thank you to yourself and the whole staff team for your commitment to the people you have supported over the years the service has been in operation. There have been a huge amount of people supported to better outcomes and lifestyles and this could not have happened without the good will, tolerance and effort of the support teams involved." [Commissioner, Sept 2019]
Feedback from new starts in recruitment process, Sept 2019:
· “Robyn [HR Administrator] was really helpful and friendly. On the phone too she was always really cheerful and helped me a lot with anything I needed. The contact through email was great and I was kept up to date. She was great to talk to no problems at all”.
· “I feel like I was talking to a family member, they told me not to worry and that they would do anything they could to help. Hazel [HR Administrator] emailed me to keep in touch, ask how I was doing, how my family was doing, she was praying for me and my family. I couldn’t believe it, it’s like I have been working here for years the way they have treated me. I felt at home all the time here. Cammei [L&D Facilitator] took me to the side and understood how much pain I was in, he was so sympathetic it was so lovely”
· “You have all been very straight up since the start, and very helpful. Hazel [HR Administrator] has kept in touch loads I feel like I was talking to a friend, like somebody who knew me. Even when coming here [to induction] you [L&D Facilitator] have been great. I can’t fault it. I liked that there was only one person in the interview, it wasn’t as bad as 2 or 3 people.
· “Kirsty [Interviewer] was so relaxed and friendly, I felt like I could speak freely; she really did put me at ease especially since I’ve not been at an interview in a long time. The communication has honestly been second to none, I wasn’t left waiting on updates, it’s been great."
"Grateful for the level of support and care that had been shown to the supported individual. Staff have gone above and beyond to support and encourage to keep his flat within the service and not divert back to rough sleeping." [Care Manager/Addictions Social Worker, Sept 2019]
"Five months ago Aspire came into my life, to assist me getting my life on track. Alcohol was my fix, I was a mess; myself, my house, my bills were not paid, I was not eating properly – everything was a disaster, I called it Beirut. I woke up one morning feeling hellish, this time I still had vodka but I didn’t touch it. I decided enough was enough. The friends I mixed with were also drinkers so I was fine, or so I thought. I poured the vodka down the drain, although I still felt awful I tried to tidy up, but it didn’t happen. I was sick and tired of the mess I was in. My social worker appeared - I think she was sick of me and trying to help me, and fed up of me telling her to F/off and keep out of my business. She contacted Aspire who came into my life. They helped clean up, as no one else was prepared to help. They helped me with post; lawyer’s letters which hadn’t been opened, bills which were unpaid. I had so many missed appointments that I hadn’t bothered with. Aspire helped me through assisting me with outstanding bills and rent arrears which were overdue. Due to all of the above I was facing eviction from my home and court proceedings had started. My benefits had been sanctioned and I needed to apply for Universal Credit which I wasn’t in a position to manage, this was assisted by social work and universal credit and I know have the correct benefits in place. Aspire intervened with follow ups in case I wasn’t coping. Court process because of anti-social behaviour is impending, and I am due to be evicted but I’m not on my own, Aspire are still with me, whereas others gave up – doctors, family, friends. My life now is good, I’m in a good place. I made peace with my family and doctor. Aspire supported me with dissolving my drinking den, now there is peace and quiet. Aspire came to visit for the doctors, hospital, shopping and rehab meetings. I dread to think where I would have been without them. I am now awaiting a date to move into my new accommodation….my new journey. Thank you all". [Supported Individual, Sept 2019]
"Thanks Hazel .......if I get this job I’ll owe you a big drink for all your help. You have a great weekend." [Service Coordinator candidate prior to interview, Sept 2019]
"My time at aspire made me feel safe and I learned no matter how proud u are in urself if u ask the staff they will help no matter what your situation may be as I am not a good reader or writer and was a bit embarrassed to ask but I had to and when I had to fill out forms or read mail they would help me most of all I learned hat there are people who care and I would like to thank everyone from aspire for making me welcome and getting me from were I was to were I am now thank you." [QMD resident, Sept 2019]
"I would just want to reiterate from a HSCP perspective that we too have also been very impressed by the service to date and the standards that your staff team have maintained in relation to the care and support of these 2 individuals." [East Renfrewshire Health & Social Care Partnership, Sept 2019]
"I just wanted to drop you a quick note in relation to our 2 mutual patients that have recently had IP stays in the QEUH as I have been hugely impressed by the carers that have been in with the patients and grateful if you could pass my thanks on to the care teams. Thank you for your help and support in developing such excellent care teams for our mutual patients." [Senior Consultant(Queen Elizabeth University Hospital), Aug 2019]
"Will always remember my placement and all I learned whilst on placement at copland, through out my social work career." [Placement, who choose to then work sessional hours with Aspire, Aug 2019]
Before Aspire, there were two care companies that failed to discharge my father home. It is with great will and determination of Aspire as company that succeeded where other companies failed. I also put a lot of the success down to the fact that the Deputy CEO had a very strong understanding and grasp of the NHS system based on previous roles that got us to this stage. Of course, not forgetting the team behind Aspire. [supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Aug 2019]
"Awwww thanks for the nomination, very much appreciated. Made a happy employee even happier." [Aspire West employee, Jul 2019]
"....she hasn’t been involved in anything like this before, so it will maybe be taking her a bit of time to adjust. You have been amazing with her, I can’t thank you enough." [Social Worker for person being supported by Aspire on an Outreach Short Term Intervention package, Jul 2019]
"I have to say you are so efficient, very impressed! I got my welcome pack in the post today, wow” [new start in recruitment process, Jul 2019]
Staff are professional, very helpful and make effort to ensure they build a relationship based on trust with my father. Furthermore, they are very respectful of our home environment and our religious beliefs. [supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, July 2019]
Staff that attend AA meetings with me are an inspiration to other service users they visit. AA members speak to other groups explaining the excellent work Aspire does E, J, J, A are the core workers with me. They are spoken very highly of. [supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Jun 2019]
The key family members including supported individual were involved in details from inception, through to full transition in to the home environment.- Feedback from supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Jun 2019]
Due to the complexities of being a ventilated patient with complex medical history, every effort was made to ensure all needs and priorities were understood to ensure the home was safe environment to be discharged to and where staff felt appropriately trained to manage my father. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Jun 2019]
The care I receive from care staff is excellent. Quality is very good. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Jun 2019]
Staff are not left alone with my father unless they have been fully signed off as competent to deal with ventilation and other medical needs. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, Jun 2019]
Staff are caring and take time to help me get interests. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, May 2019]
All staff have been punctual and reliable to date. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, May 2019]
Communication is clear and receptive to feedback on how my father or family like care delivered. Staff listen to what I say or comment on. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, May 2019]
We have an open, honest and trusted relationship that also includes respecting our family and house. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, May 2019]
We have open access and details of the Deputy CEO and Service Manager if we have any concerns. We have regular service review meetings to discuss what's going well and where we need support. I have also found staff open to immediate feedback where there is a need. [Supported people across Aspire West and Aspire Central Services, May 2019]
"Aspire provided me with a beneficial insight into homelessness and the various issues that affect our supported individuals. All of the staff were friendly and helpful towards me during my time at QMD and provided me with the opportunities to learn more about homelessness and achieve my Learning Objectives. My Link Worker, Maxine, was extremely helpful and always had time to explain things thoroughly. I couldn’t have asked for better Link Worker!" [Social Work Student, May 2019]
"Happy with everything staff have done to help". "Very professional and polite." [Resident, Apr 2019]
Aspire are a valued placement provider for Scottish Drugs Forum’s award winning, Addiction Worker Training Project (AWTP). The AWTP supports people in recovery from drug and alcohol problems to work in social care through a unique package of paid work placements, specialist training and vocational learning.
"My placement at Aspire has been brilliant. The second I walked through the door I was made to feel very much a part of the team and have always been treated as a staff member and not a student. All the workers within Aspire have been very supportive and the additional training I have been given here has been very good. I highly recommend it as a placement." [AWTP Trainee, Apr 2019]
"Staff helped with everything I needed help with. I used Ipad for Scottish welfare fund." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"Staff were great, Friendly supportive. The building was secure and flat was good. No complaints. [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"Really enjoyed today [Celtic Lunch]. Thanks to all the staff, it was really appreciated." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"The staff were above reproach, they were helpful. Staff made my stay safe and comfortable, they are always available even for the smallest of problems, they were also polite and attentive to all our needs." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"Staff do a great service for the people, very supportive towards myself and other individuals." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"Appreciated the work and support that staff do with the individuals at the service. Feel as though staff supply care and understanding, willing to take time out for a chat when feeling down. Not enough words to express my gratitude towards the staff." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"The staff were very helpful, considerate treating myself with kindness and a positive attitude which rubbed of on myself." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"The accommodation and facilities were excellent, it was the best temporary accommodation that I have ever stayed in." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
“The support from Aspire staff has made me look at my life in a different way and helps me know I’m not the only one struggling with this lifestyle and that things do get better.” [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"I feel that this establishment could not run any more successfully, than it already is, I really enjoyed my stay here at Aspire, I thought the staff were brilliant, the rooms excellent and spotless. Support and service was amazing. I would recommend." [Supported individual, Apr 2019]
"I became homeless April 2017. My very 1st time being homeless. I suffer from medical probs etc. and went into the homeless casework team and they wanted to put me in a hostel, but I said No, because I feared for my life in a hostel, so they put me in a B&B for the first night and there was nowhere to go. The following night I was sleeping in a caravan which was full of dampness and mould etc. So I went back the following day and they said to me they had a room at Aspire. I was panicking at the time as I was thinking it would be full of “junkies and alkies” that are out their face etc. But I got there and met staff. They were fantastic to me on the day. I met some of the residents that have been in here and it was not as I expected it to be. I get on great with the residents that have been in here and managed to make a few new friends which I get on well with but Aspire have been very supportive to me." [Homeless person, 2017]
"I was a volunteer in Aspire for nearly a year and I really enjoy it. I’ve built up great relationships with the staff team and the women I support. It has also been great for my personal growth in my own recovery. My life experience is my greatest asset today and I can use this experience to help other’s recover from similar life experiences. I feel supported in my role and feel very much a part of Aspire. I am so grateful for being given this opportunity in my life. I feel I have grown in confidence and belief that I really can make a difference to people who use services.
I have assisted in individuals going to recovery cafes, NA meetings, short term detox and actually just talking about life in recovery with people who would never have thought it was possible for them. As you can see, it is, and I’m living proof." [Peer Support volunteer, 2017]
"I appreciate the things that the Aspire has done for me. I have learned a lot from all the other people that attend the Aspire peer recovery group. I have seen in the weeks how it has been helping people within the group. I don't know what people would do without this help, and I for one am very grateful for the support." [Supported Individual, 2017]