Deserving Frontline Worker - Congratulations Helen
Helen McMillan has only been employed as a support worker with Aspire for a few months. Alongside her full-time job with Aspire, Helen leads a group of volunteers (Help the Homeless Glasgow). Some examples of what she has done are listed below:
- Set up a small group where they cook homemade hot food and deliver this across Glasgow.
- Support rough sleepers during the night in the centre of Glasgow every weekend.
- Helped many people with furnishings at short notice who are moving out of homeless services into their own homes.
- Despite having to work from home just now, Helen is phoning and keeping in regular contact with her supported individuals and helping out in an admin capacity.
- Helen is continuing to coordinate the group and all hot meals and resources including access to PPE and funds are being distributed to our homeless services.