- Continuing to provide services to vulnerable people across a wide variety of settings has been a difficult task for people at every level of Aspire during Covid19. The ways of working we’ve all had to develop very quickly (and successfully) is a real testament to all of you and I genuinely want to thank everyone for all your hard work.
- Review this news page to check for updated guidance and keep aware of information via tv, newspapers etc as how we all live under Covid 19 continues to evolve on an almost daily basis.
- We’re in the final stages of agreeing legal terms for the Alliance to end Homelessness in Glasgow. Margaret Robertson has done an excellent job creating an operations manual that will be used for all providers who work in homeless services working closely with GCC colleagues.
- We have been asked to provide support to people who find themselves homeless in one of the Glasgow hotels. This work will start 6/7/20 and I really want to thank Laura Wright and Elaine Farrell for pulling this all together so quickly. This will stop people from having to sleep rough in Glasgow.
- Maureen Eden has been appointed to our vacancy on the Board of Trustees.
- Aspire has been an employee owned company for 1 year now, so still very early on in our development. We really want this to mean something tangible for each of you, so please liaise with your employee reps and colleagues to identify ways we can do things better, smarter – working together.
- The employee forum has new reps and met via video 21/5/20. The notes of this were sent out 8/6/20 to all.
- The living wage has been agreed by all local authorities we work with £9.30 per hour. We’re hoping to get this out to relevant staff by the end of July but have a few things we need to deal with so please don’t take this as read. Once we have confirmation, we’ll be in contact. Rates will be backdated to 1/4/20 other than Glasgow which will be 6/4/20 (as per local authority letters).