Fantastic job everyone - You are making a difference every day
- Distributed 225 bottles across our services
- Gave 120 bottles to QEUH critical care services
- Gave 15 bottles to Largs community nurses (who have been/are struggling to get PPE)
- Dawn Dempsey, Service Manager, contacted William Grant and Sons 3rd April 2020 for more sanitisers
- Ruth McIntyre, Chief Executive, contacted Brewdog last week for more sanitisers, waiting response.
- Gail McKinnon, Service Manager, sourced transparent face masks being made by technical teachers in North Lanarkshire. 20 clear plastic face masks given to Largs community nurses. Trying now to obtain more than 100 of these from various multiple sources following updated info.
- Ordered face masks for frontline staff from wowcher. Gail McKinnon, Service Manager picked up 100 masks 3rd April 2020. Local managers are ensuring these are being passed out amongst frontline staff.
- PPE – ensured we have plastic aprons, and gloves – continually ordering more to replace what’s being used.
- Very supportive and helpful daily conference calls with North Lanarkshire Council to obtain PPE equipment for suspected COVID-19 cases.
- Brian Bill, Finance Manager, continually scouring internet to see where we can obtain face masks and PPE.
Suggestions from staff
- Andy White – Intensive Support Worker, Central passed the link to Company Shop Group. Ruth McIntyre, Chief Executive, is making contact to ask if they will allow Aspire social care staff to become members. It is an innovative supermarket, where police officers, fire-fighters, the ambulance service and NHS workers can carry out their weekly shop for up to 60% off the normal retail price - launched in Renfrew, 18 December 2019.
You can also keep up to date with news across this web site and on twitter - @aspireincuk.