Support Worker - Aspire West Service (Airdrie, Coatbridge) - Ref ATR 08
- Location: Airdrie and Coatbridge
- Job Role: Support Worker
- Service: Aspire West Service
- Hours: Full-time, Part-time & Sessional Available
- Salary Scale: £11.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Substantive or Sessional
UK Manual Drivers Licence required
Are you an experienced Support Worker, or someone looking to embark on this rewarding career? We are looking for enthusiastic people who have caring and thoughtful natures, and live and want to help others in their North Lanarkshire communities.
You could be part of a team who every day do amazing work that focuses on helping the people we support to develop their confidence and skills, to realise their potential and to have to the most fulfilling and self-directed lives possible.
With 20 years’ experience we put the interests of those we work with first; an organisation that can be trusted to continually deliver high quality, flexible and effective support that makes a positive difference in someone’s life every day.
You would be helping people living with mental health needs and physical disabilities. Your work, which would be varied and can be challenging but highly rewarding, would ensure the outcome-based support plans designed to meet each person’s needs are delivered.
You could be assisting with clinical and health care needs, assisting with personal care, meeting the explicit range of competencies as set out by health partners and undertaking specialist training, as required, to be suitably skilled.
If you do not have a SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), we will support you in becoming a registered social care worker and will help you to achieve any required SVQ qualification in the future.
Due to our current service requirements, the following shifts may be worked.
8am - 5pm or 5pm - 8am (sleepover) or 9am - 5pm or 5pm-9am (sleepover) depending on rota requirements and allocated services.
We reward our staff with a number of employee benefits including:
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities through strong coaching and mentoring in both classroom and on the job environments.
- Access to Employee Discount Schemes and a Referral Recruitment Bonus.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit.
- Employee Assistance Programme (Health Assured).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- As an Employee-Owned organisation eligible employees are owners of Aspire via the Trust, and may benefit from bonus payments.
PVG checks will be required for the successful applicant, as are two references; one being from the most recent employer. Required identification will be requested at the interview stage.